Why we like it:
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND the GeoBlue Voyager Choice and the GeoBlue Voyager Essential because they include terrorism insurance coverage. They also have a great network of providers worldwide as part of the BlueCross BlueShield network.
They cover acts of terrorism and do not restrict illnesses or injuries resulting from a terrorist act. Both also feature stronger medical coverage with fewer exclusions than comparable travel insurance plans. For up to age 74 on Essential, or 84 on Choice Plan.
Voyager Choice also includes pre-existing conditions, but requires being insured by U.S. domestic health insurance. “Share plans,” Medicaid and V.A. health plans do not count as domestic health insurance. (Essential does not have this requirement.)
Note: For U.S. residents only traveling 6 months or less. You can only purchase GeoBlue Voyager prior to departing on your trip.
- People traveling to high-risk countries
- Travel to hot zones + covers illnesses or injuries resulting from a terrorist act
- Part of the Blue Cross Blue Shield global network
- Up to age 74 (or 84 on Choice) traveling up to 6 months
Highlights + Terrorism Insurance Coverage
Voyager Choice and Voyager Essential Plans Both Include:
The Voyager plan is available to U.S. residents, age 74 or younger (84 or younger for the Choice plan), if they apply from the U.S.
These are non-renewable plans up to 180 days. In some states, this same plan is offered by HTH, but it is the same plan and same company.
Need Help? Have questions?
Terrorism Insurance coverage: These plans do not restrict illnesses or injuries resulting from a terrorist act.
(In order to be covered in countries where there are open hostilities, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, a member must not be engaged in hostile or combative activities.)
They do not impose pre-certification penalties for hospitalization.
They provide coverage for pre-existing conditions for emergency medical transportation and evacuation.
– Pre-existing conditions are also covered for medical benefits and services on the Choice plan.
- Medical evacuation coverage
- Medical health coverage
- Repatriation of remains
- Bedside visit
- Coverage starts once outside the United States
- Use any western style medical facility overseas or use contracted doctors in more than 180 countries
- Online doctor search with more than 4,200 contracted physicians
- Complications of pregnancy covered on both Voyager Essential and Choice
- Use Mobile Health to search doctors, translate medical terms, phrases and medications using your mobile device.
- Worldwide Insurance Services (parent company of the GeoBlue brand) has signed a trademark licensing agreement with the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
- See brochure for a complete list of travel and medical benefits
- Coverage includes countries such as North Korea or Syria, but must pay first and be reimbursed for your expenses instead of direct billing.
Geoblue Voyager Choice
GeoBlue Voyager Essential
More about these two plans
Pre-exisiting Condition Coverage
Pre-existing Condition means a medical condition for which medical advice, diagnosis, care, or treatment was recommended or received during the 6 months (0 months for the GeoBlue Voyager Choice plan) immediately preceding the Insured Person’s Effective Date of Coverage.
- Pre-existing medical conditions are treated differently depending upon the plan you have selected. The GeoBlue Voyager Choice plan is available to those who have primary insurance inside the U.S. and will cover medical treatments for pre-existing conditions. Please refer to the definition of a primary health plan for more specific information on what plans qualify as a primary insurance.
Under the GeoBlue Voyager Essentials plan, benefits are not available for any services received on or within 6 months after the Eligibility Date of an Insured Person. If those services are related to a Pre-existing Condition as defined in the Definitions section of the Plan Description. This exclusion does not apply to a Newborn that is enrolled within 31 days of birth or a newly adopted child that is enrolled within 31 days from either the date of placement of the child in the home, or the date of the final decree of adoption.
The pre-existing conditions exclusion under GeoBlue Voyager Essential does not apply to the Emergency Medical Transportation benefit, Repatriation Of Mortal Remains benefit, or the Emergency Family Travel Arrangements benefit. GeoBlue Voyager Essential does not require that insureds have primary insurance at the time of enrollment.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!