Why we like it:
The Diplomat America Travel Medical Insurance for visitors to USA plan covers adventure and team sports including in the USA. It offers great U.S. coverage, is available for up to 1 year of coverage at a time, and has a higher amount of AD&D coverage. It’s for individuals traveling outside their home country to the USA. Also, it has a 15-day minimum and has an option that includes most adventure sports.
It is excellent travel protection for non-U.S. citizens traveling to the U.S. and people participating in sports in the USA.
- Travel Medical Insurance for visitors to USA
- Covers most adventure sports and team sports in the USA
- Offers up to 1 year of coverage
- Up to 1,000,000 in AD&D benefit
Diplomat America Medical Insurance for Visitors to USA:
Who should purchase the Diplomat America?
This travel medical insurance for visitors to USA policy is designed to cover Non-U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S. Residents up to age 69 or up to age 80+ (with reduced maximum benefits). It’s for those traveling to the United States from 15 days to 365 days. The valuable travel benefits are ideal for students, business and leisure travelers, study abroad, international students, tourists, holiday travelers, and church or missionary travelers.
Some of the benefits included:
- Medical travel insurance options from $50,000 up to 1 million
- Emergency medical evacuation of $500,000 no matter what you choose for medical coverage
- Emergency Dental
- Return of Mortal Remains
- Emergency Medical Reunion
- Return of Minor Child
- Interruption of Trip
- Loss of Baggage: $50 per article; up to a maximum of $250
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $25,000 included (Enhanced Benefit amount available as a rider)
- Political and Natural disaster
- Felonious Assault benefit
- Incidental Trips Coverage
– Provided up to a maximum of 15 days for incidental trips to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean Islands only.
Incidental Trip means temporary travel (not more than 15 days) outside of the United States to Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean Islands only. NOTE: Incidental Trips does not: 1) Provide coverage in your home country; and 2) Extend coverage beyond the coverage dates of the plan.
- WORLDWIDE ASSISTANCE SERVICES (This is an additional benefit)
– Available 24 hours / 7 days a week
– Assistance with emergency Medical Evacuations and Repatriations
– Emergency Travel Assistance Services
– Referrals to Medical and Dental Providers Worldwide
– Multilingual personnel
– Doctors and nurses on staff
- Added rider options
– Home country rider option
– Enhanced Accidental Death and Dismemberment, up to $1,000,000
– Athletic sports and hazardous activity rider
Underwritten by Advent Underwriting Limited on behalf of Syndicate 780 at Lloyd’s, rated “A” Excellent by A.M. Best.
Maximum medical benefit (can choose one):
Plan A – $50,000,
Plan B – $100,000,
Plan C – $250,000,
Plan D – $500, 000,
Plan E – $1,000,000;
Persons age 60-69 are eligible for plan A, B, and C.
Persons age 70 – 79 are eligible for plans A and B.
People age 80+ are eligible for a maximum benefit of $20,000.
Deductible Choices: (Choose from)
$0, $50, $100, $250, $500, $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000 per person/plan period
Diplomat America Travel Medical Insurance For Non-U.S. Residents
For non U.S. citizens and non U.S. residents traveling outside your country of citizenship and outside your home country to the U.S. from 15 days to 365 days. Such as:
- A German citizen traveling to the United States
- An Argentinean citizen traveling to the U.S.
- A Chinese citizen traveling to the United States
Home Country is defined as:
The country where an eligible person(s) has his/her fixed and permanent home establishment and to which he/she has the intention of returning.
Includes medical insurance, medical evacuation, and other great travel benefits.
Political and Natural Disaster evacuation cover.
Coverage for many adventure and extreme sports.
If participating in extreme sports in the U.S., we recommend a minimum of $500,000 in medical coverage.
The Diplomat America Plan provides Accident and Sickness Medical Coverage and AD&D benefits to Non-US Citizens and Non-US Residents up to age 80+ while visiting the United States.
Coverage is available for you, for a second adult, for unmarried dependent children, or for children traveling alone. Travel assistance services are also available.
It is also available to US citizens who are returning to the US for a vacation, a business trip or to visit family/the holidays, while living abroad.
A valid international address is required in order to apply.
About Global Underwriters
Diplomat America is a product of Global Underwriters. It’s underwritten by Advent Underwriting Limited on behalf of Syndicate 780 at Lloyd’s; Rated “A” (excellent) by A.M. Best.
Sports and Regions Covered:
View Add-On Sports Rider
Athletic Sports & Hazardous Activity Benefit –
Provides coverage if Your Injury or Illness results from the below enumerated Athletic Sports & Hazardous activities.
NOTE: Any Athletic Sport & Hazardous Activity not expressly covered hereunder is excluded from this policy unless the activity is approved by the company prior to purchase or the activity is non-contact and engaged in by You solely for leisure, recreation, entertainment, or fitness purposes only.
Table 1: For the below listed activities apply the 1.25 factor to the base premium:
(1) Low Option – BMX; Bobsledding; Bungee Jumping; Canoeing/Kayaking; Canopying; Cave tubing; Hang Gliding; Horseback Riding; Hot Air Ballooning; Jet Skiing; Martial Arts/Karate (Non-competitive); Motor Scooter; Motorcycling; Mountain Biking; Piloting any Non-commercial Aircraft; Safari; Scuba Diving (Not to exceed 30 feet, Resort Course or equivalent required); Snow Skiing (Recreational); Snowboarding(Recreational); Snowmobiling; Spelunking/Caving; Surfing (Recreational); Trekking (Not exceeding Class IV Difficulty on Yosemite Decimal System); Wakeboarding; Water skiing; Whitewater Rafting (Class I through V rapids); Wind Surfing; Zip Lining. For the below listed activities apply the 1.25 factor to the base premium plus the monthly flat rate listed:
(2) Middle Option – an additional $25.00 flat monthly rate Aerial Photograph (Use of proper restraints required); BMX (Racing or Competitive); Flying in any chartered/leased aircraft or helicopter; Heli-skiing; High Diving; Hot Air Ballooning (As a pilot); Mountain Climbing (14,000 ft. & below – Ropes & proper safety equipment required); Parachuting; Paragliding; Parasailing; Parascending; Rock Climbing (Ropes & proper safety equipment required); Scuba Diving (Below 30 feet, PADI/NAUI Certification required, or insured must be accompanied by a certified diving instructor); Skydiving; Snow Skiing Off-Piste.
(3) High Option – additional $50.00 flat monthly rate Big Game Hunting (Use of Firearms); Diving with Sharks; Mountain Climbing (14,000 ft. & above – Ropes, proper safety equipment & certified guide required); Running with the Bulls; Security Detail (use of firearms).
Table 2: For the below listed Intercollegiate, Interscholastic Athletics, Club Sports, and Organized Amateur Sports
Apply the 1.25 factor to the base premium plus the monthly flat rate listed.
Under this enhancement, the Benefit is reduced to $20,000 for any Covered Injury or Illness resulting from:
(1) Low Option – an additional $12.00 flat monthly rate Ballet; Baseball; Cheerleading; Cross Country; Diving; Equestrian; Fencing; Field Hockey; Golf; Polo (Horse); Polo (Water); Rowing; Softball; Surfing; Swimming; Tennis; Track & Field; Volleyball.
(2) Middle Option – additional $26.00 flat monthly rate Basketball; Competitive Cycling (Road, Track, CX); Ice Hockey; Inline Skating (Helmet & Proper Equipment Required); Lacrosse; Martial Arts/Karate; Modern Pentathlon; Skiing (Slalom, Giant Slalom, Downhill); Ski Jumping; Wrestling.
(3) High Option – additional $80.00 flat monthly rate Football (No Division One); Gymnastics; Rugby (No Division One); Soccer.
Other add-on riders/options
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!