Adventure sports and hazardous activities travel medical insurance
Good Neighbor Insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com, provides amazing travel medical insurance with adventure sports and hazardous activities insurance benefits – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/sports.
Here are a few of our top questions, and our answers, we have received from our clients over our 22 plus years providing travel and expatriate medical insurance.
Question – I am looking to do mountain biking and hiking, which both are under 14,000 feet / 4267 meters, while I am on my trip with friends this summer. Do I need extra adventure sports coverage on my travel medical insurance for these activities?
- Most low-level activities or exercises do not require extra adventure sports coverage on your travel medical insurance.
- However, you will want stronger medical coverage on your travel medical insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/sports, for activities with a higher risk. Examples of these adventure sports would-be white-water rafting, SCUBA diving, or trekking at a high elevation.
- A good rule of thumb to know if an adventure sport is a higher risk is if the general public is doing that adventure sport. If they are, that usually means the adventure sports is not a high risk.
Question – I am going on a trip for 10 days but only going to be ziplining for 2 of those days. Is it possible for me to only get adventure sports coverage on my travel medical insurance for those 2 days?
- No, unless you bought separate travel medical insurance policies; one for the days doing adventures sports and one for the other travel days.
- The extra adventure sports coverage does not significantly affect the cost of the plan.
- We, at Good Neighbor Insurance, recommend getting the adventure sports medical coverage for the entire 10 days, instead of getting two separate polices.
- You never know, while you are on your trip, you may want to add an extra day of ziplining or try some surfing! We want to make sure you have the peace of mind knowing no matter where you adventure takes you; you are covered!
Question – May I add adventure sports coverage, https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/sports, for only part of my family on my travel medical insurance policy?
- You may add adventure sports coverage for only part of your family.
- However, please keep in mind they will need to apply separately.
- If you are only looking to add adventure sports coverage for children on the travel medical insurance policy, they will still need to be on the application with an adult.
Question – My two children are looking to ride Motocross in a race next month. Do you have adventure sports medical insurance coverage for them?
- At this time, Motocross & most motor sports are not covered on travel medical insurance policies that include adventure sports cover.
- This is due to the high-risk nature of these types of motorized adventure sport activities.