International Emergency Medical Evacuation Plans
In this GNI video we will answer three questions we get the most of from our clients here at Good Neighbor Insurance when it comes to international emergency medical evacuation plans – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/evacuation
- What is international emergency medical evacuation?
- Who needs international emergency medical evacuation benefits?
- May I also get travel medical insurance with my international emergency medical evacuation benefits?
Good Neighbor Insurance – https://www.gninsurance.com, here in Gilbert Arizona, provides
- Travel medical insurance options that also include medical and emergency medical evacuation benefits – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel
- We also provide international and U.S. domestic emergency medical evacuation only plans – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/evacuation
Question 1 – What is international emergency medical evacuation?
- In the event that you are hospitalized and face the possibility of loss of life or limb, but the hospital is not equipped to give you the best care, emergency medical evacuation will coordinate and transport you to the best medical facility for your care.
- Some medical evacuation only plans will take you to the nearest facility for treatment, whereas some plans will transport to your home country.
- There is no coverage for medical expenses (inside the medical facility).
- Think of emergency medical evacuation as dedicated medical transportation to a medical facility.
- Your emergency medical evacuation must be approved in advance and coordinated by the international insurance company (all information on how to do this is provided to you once your purchase)
- There is no out-of-pocket deductible or coinsurance for your emergency medical evacuation
- If you purchase a full travel medical insurance plan that also includes medical insurance, there are, depending of the travel medical insurance cover, other types of emergency evacuation cover such as political evacuation, natural disaster evacuation, and repatriation.
Question 2 – Who needs international emergency medical evacuation benefits?
- For sure, anyone traveling outside their home country, especially for those who are traveling to areas where good medical care is a good distance away.
- Not all travel medical insurance plans have strong emergency medical evacuation benefits. Many have inadequate medical evacuation coverage. However, Good Neighbor Insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com, makes sure that all emergency medical evacuation plans and travel medical insurance plans that we offer have strong emergency medical evacuation benefits.
- Those traveling with a pre-existing medical condition that may be excluded for emergency medical evacuation on their international insurance plan.
Question 3 – May I also get travel medical insurance with my international emergency medical evacuation benefits?
- Most international travel medical plans will include emergency medical evacuation. In fact, all of our travel medical insurance plans, expat long term insurance plans, short-term team plans, and our international employer group medical insurance plans provide strong and robust emergency medical evacuation benefits.
- International medical coverage cannot be added to a stand-alone emergency medical evacuation plan. Many times, having a travel medical insurance plan that includes medical benefits, emergency medical evacuation and other travel insurance benefits is not costly at all – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel.