You are taking a business trip or vacation, perhaps some time away from school or work, or you are on a short-term mission project. You need protection from the unexpected, but there are so many international travel medical insurance plans to pick from – and choosing the wrong one can prove very costly. Here are some tips to make sure you choose the right plan:
- If you’re traveling to a higher risk area, make sure you choose a plan that will provide coverage in that area. You may also want additional add-ons.
- If you’re traveling with multiple people, you will save money by purchasing a group travel plan
- If you’re over 65, we have senior plans just for you
- If you’re afraid of having your trip cancelled, make sure you purchase trip cancellation insurance
- If you’re traveling longer than a year, you will need a long-term plan
- If you’re going to be taking multiple trips every year, it might save you money to purchase an annual travel plan.
- See if carriers offer direct payment to medical providers at your destination to save you the hassle
Good Neighbor offers a wide variety of short-term international travel medical insurance plans and personalized service. In a matter of minutes, we can eliminate the guesswork and recommend the best plan to protect you overseas. Our most popular plans are highlighted below.
Our recommended plan
Outreach International Travel Insurance
One of the most affordable travel insurance plans ANYWHERE
- Most affordable option for volunteers, charitable travel, missions,…
- Great benefits for a good price
- People wanting coverage for 12 months or more without going through underwriting
- Available to travelers up to age 65 from almost any country
- Includes coverage for COVID-19
Our recommended plan
Geoblue Voyager International Medical Insurance
One of the best travel medical insurance plans available for U.S. travelers
- One of the best travel medical insurance policies anywhere!
- For U.S. travelers to age 94 anywhere in the world – No restrictions
- Excellent for medical workers, missionaries, charitable work, and volunteers
- Best for older travelers or those with pre-existing conditions
Our recommended plan
Patriot America Plus
Coverage for non-U.S. citizens/residents traveling to America
- For travel to America and countries outside of your home country
- Travelers up to age 80+
- U.S. citizens living abroad and needing coverage for trips to the USA
- Has great benefits for the low price
Scroll down to see all travel plans below
Additional plans to meet your specific needs
Patriot Short term Travel and Evacuation Plan
Excellent “per day” rates for a few days up to 24 months and longer!
Atlas International including many travel options
Affordable international travel health insurance up to 80+ incl. personal liability
Diplomat International Travel Medical Insurance
Strong medical benefits for U.S. and Non-U.S. travelers up to 364 days
Diplomat America Travel Medical Insurance
Great travel medical insurance for visitors to USA and those doing sports
Trawick Safe Travels International incl. Sports
Trawick Safe Travels International for travel worldwide
Trawick Safe Travel Voyager Travel Medical & Trip Cancelation
A cost-effective comprehensive travel medical & trip cancelation plan
Trawick Travel Insurance To The USA
Health insurance for foreign visitors and immigrants to the U.S. up to age 89
Beacon International Travel Insurance
Great travel insurance for Canadians abroad and non-U.S. residents
Diplomat International and Diplomat America sports travel insurance
Excellent for adventure sports and interscholastic sports
World Explorer (Insured Nomads) International Travel Insurance Plans
Nomad travel health insurance – outside of their home country
Patriot Platinum Travel Medical Insurance
A robust travel insurance plan that offers up to $8,000,000USD
IMG GlobeHopper – Senior Travel Insurance
Travel medical insurance for seniors with no age limit for those on Medicare
More Specialized Short Term Individual Plans
- Adventure Sports Plans >>
- Trip Cancellation plans>>
- Frequent Flier plans (annual multi-trip plans)>>
- For travel within the U.S.A. >>
- For Canadians – International travel insurance for Canadians excluding the U.S.A.>>
- Emergency Evacuation-only (no medical)>>
- Over-65 years>>
- For Pre-existing Conditions>>
- For International Students both to the USA and U.S. students going overseas>>
- More (Short-term plans for specific needs)… >>
Offering personalized service is what we do best. If you have questions about which international travel medical insurance policy is best for you and your family, for your destination, or your specific travel needs, give us a call or chat with us live. In just a few minutes, we can eliminate the guesswork and recommend the best plan to keep you safe overseas from the dozens of plans available on the internet. Call 1(480)813-9100 or live chat with us and let us recommend a couple of options that you can choose from.
Shopping for travel insurance
Note: These are all international travel insurance plans with rich emergency medical protection. If you are looking for a Trip Cancellation plan (with or without strong medical coverage), Click here. “What’s the difference?” Learn more here or view this short video.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!