Trip Cancellation Insurance for Travel Overseas
Good Neighbor Insurance provides Trip Cancellation insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/trip-cancellation, with different insurance benefit options that fit your travel needs such as
- Trip cancellation with emergency medical evacuation and limited medical coverage
- Trip cancellation “cancel for any reason,” emergency medical evacuation, and strong medical insurance cover.
In this video we will highlight some of the trip cancellation insurance most common questions and answer those questions that we have received since our founding in 1997 here at Good Neighbor Insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com.
Question: Why would a person need a trip cancelation insurance plan?
Answer: A trip cancelation insurance plan will offer coverage for both the health and financial investment of you, the traveler.
Question: Will a short-term travel medical insurance plan cover my flight costs if I have to cancel my trip?
- Most international travel medical insurance plans do not reimburse for non-refundable costs if a trip is cancelled.
- And because medical coverage is included in our trip cancelation plans, travelers would not need to purchase an additional travel medical insurance policy.
Question: While during my travels, my elderly parent may have a medical emergency. Will the Trip Cancellation Insurance plan cover my flight home?
- On most of our Trip Cancellation insurance plans, this would fall under the trip interruption benefit, and would be covered.
- If you have a change fee, or have to pay for additional airfare, you would be able to file a claim.
Question: I have a pre-existing medical condition which might not allow me to travel. Will that cancelation be covered?
- Only certain trip cancellation plans will cover a pre-existing condition.
- These plans must be purchased usually within 10-14 days of your initial trip deposit.
Question: I see that a cancelation for work reasons or pandemics may not be covered on most trip cancellation insurance plans. What should I do?
- Some trip cancellation insurance plans offer additional coverage so that you may “Cancel for Any Reason.”
- These trip cancellation insurance plans also must be purchased usually within 10-14 days of your initial trip deposit.
- Reimbursement for a reason not covered under the normal plan will be limited to 75%.