Good Neighbor Insurance is one of the best known international insurance brokerages serving individual travelers, expatriates, and international organizations overseas. So you can imagine we are picky about which international insurance carriers we work with. Each of our carriers has their own unique advantages. We chose AETNA Insurance for the following reasons.
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT AETNA
If we were rating AETNA as an insurance company, we’d recommend Aetna insurance for:
- Large overseas network for direct payment of hospital bills
- Offers a broad range of traditional and consumer-directed health insurance products and related services, including medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health, group life and disability plans, and medical management capabilities and health care management services for Medicaid plans
- Offers a broad range of insurance and employee benefits products
- Rated A (excellent) by A.M. Best Company
- See Aetna’s non-profit and faith-based brochure
- Aetna’s commitment to NGOs and charitable groups
- Dedicated Account Management for Faith Based and Non-Profit to consult with on your group’s healthcare philosophy and strategy
- Dedicated Customer Service for Faith Based and Non-Profit
- International staff of nurses and doctors for pre-trip guidance, 2nd opinion, care management and coordination of evacuations
- Access to over 1 million providers in the U.S., over 160,000 network partners outside of the U.S. – directly contracted with Aetna, substantially reduces out of pocket payments for our members
- Technology to manage your plan
- Global compliance for all of your members wherever they are in the world
Local health plans for global people
Our most important job is making sure your volunteers feel safe and well-cared for while they are away from home. We do it with customized solutions that provide the strength, expertise, and support they need so they can focus on what matters most.
We’ve been supporting the missionary, faith-based, and non-profit sector for more than 55 years. Many of our customers have been with us for decades and we’re proud to play a role in each customers work. For us, the difference is the human touch. The ability to talk to someone who cares and has the knowledge and the power to help. The security in knowing we can help you or your loved ones to ensure their well-being — 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.
When you’re away from home, you can rely on us as your partner in good health thanks to our:
With more than 160 years of experience in health care, we’ve specialized in international health benefits insurance for more than 55 years ― with a growing global footprint to reach wherever you travel. Our transformational efforts have been recognized with such prestigious awards as “Best International Private Health Insurance Provider” and “Health Insurer of the Year.”
Dedicated Global member support
Our professional Member Service representatives are trained to assist you, 24 hours a day year-round―often in a single call. They can help locate health care services wherever you are, arrange for reimbursement in more than 180 currencies and answer your questions about claims, benefit levels and coverage in eight languages ― with the ability to communicate in more than 170 languages through phone-based interpretation services.
You can depend on our clinical knowledge and experience for help with pre-trip planning ― especially important if you have a chronic health condition or are pregnant―as well as coordinating medical care in the most remote regions, obtaining prescription medications and medical devices, and handling medical emergency or evacuation services.
When you’re an Aetna International member, you can do so much through your customized secure member website ― from accessing your account details and downloading important forms to finding health care providers and managing your claims. Our International Mobile Assistant application offers the most important features of your secure member website at your fingertips when you’re on the go. Plus you can download our region-specific Provider Directory applications and use them offline to search for a local doctor or hospital even when you’re outside of Wi-Fi range.
We’re committed to our promise of quality health care ― wherever our members call home. And you can count on us to deliver.
Aetna International is extremely proud to partner with Good Neighbor Insurance to provide the best solutions to our mutual clients. Good Neighbor has been an integral collaborator and colleague in ensuring Aetna prioritizes the right services that solve the unique needs of International Non-Profits.
Contributing to the development of an affordable suite of products, strategic ideation sessions with our Dedicated Faith Based and Non Profit Account Management team, and encouraging the evolution of our mobile applications, are just a few examples of how Good Neighbor has provided input into making our partnership and Aetna’s value proposition stronger to the Global Non-Profit community.
Good Neighbor plays a key role for the International Non-Profit community. Acting with empathy, compassion and care for all of their clients are the shared values that create a common bond between each Aetna and Good Neighbor employee. Ensuring that together, we become an extension to our customer’s human resources staff and an advocate for every single member wherever they are in their health care journey. This partnership has been key in how we do business in this segment, as we rely on Good Neighbor’s feedback in our product strategy, service value and mutual customer satisfaction.
Sales Vice President, Faith Based and Non-Profit