Good Neighbor Insurance is one of the best known international insurance brokerages serving individual travelers, expatriates, and international organizations overseas. So you can imagine we are picky about which international insurance carriers we work with.
Each of our carriers has their own advantages. We chose Medjet Assist for our clients needing emergency evacuation assistance and “emergency evacuation-only” plans for the following reasons
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT MEDJET ASSIST
If we were rating Medjet Assist as a travel assistance company, we’d recommend them because:
- Medjet is very affordable protection considering the alternative could run $15,000-$100,000.
- Medjet has a great reputation, and many years of experience protecting clients like ours
- Medjet takes you back home to the hospital of your choice/specialty in your home country, not the place the carrier want to transport you to.
- Medjet has membership programs from a few days to annual plans, for many different types of travelers: Frequent fliers, students, expats, seniors, adventure sports enthusiasts, and more!
- Medjet asks no health questions, has no deductible, dollar limits, or claim forms
- Medjet includes membership benefits to those working in dangerous environments, such as relief workers seeking emergency evacuation protection
- They have plans for domestic travelers and domestic evacuation as well
- They fill a real need: Those who have domestic insurance with overseas coverage, those on “medical share” plans, and others who are not covered for evacuation and could be at risk:
- If you have domestic medical insurance or a “shared plan” that will protect you overseas, emergency medical evacuation is usually NOT INCLUDED and is a serious concern to most travelers and international workers/volunteers. This is especially true when located in an area with inadequate medical care or if this benefit is not SPECIFICALLY addressed with your current coverage, or how to access the benefit.
Medjet Assist membership plans
ABOUT MEDJET ASSIST
Medjet has access to more than 250 available private air ambulances staffed with highly qualified pilots and specially trained emergency medical personnel ready to launch at a moment’s notice, from more than 50 locations worldwide. Medjet Assist has built an unparalleled foundation of trust, expertise and service commitment, and is proud to have had endorsements from the AARP, Safari Club International, American Academy of Dermatology, Andrew Harper’s Hideaway Report and the NFL Europe.
As soon as Medjet Assist is notified of a member’s medical situation, the medical staff will establish communication with both the family and the local attending medical provider, obtain a full understanding of the situation and begin to monitor the member’s condition. Medical professionals will stay in communication with the local medical personnel and relay necessary information to the member and his or her family or employer until the situation is resolved, and the member is either able to resume travel or a medical transfer is initiated.
Members can receive help with foreign-language interpretation over the telephone when they are having difficulty communicating with local medical specialists by calling our toll-free number (800-963-3538 or call 205-595-6626 in the U.S., Canada or the Caribbean) or calling collect from anywhere in the world.
Emergency Message Relay
Members may send and receive emergency messages to and from relatives, friends and business associates toll free, 24 hours a day, through the Medjet Assist staff.
Domestic air ambulance medical evacuations typically exceed $10,000, while international air ambulance medical evacuations can exceed $100,000. Medjet Assist does not place caps on air medical transport expenses, and all their members ever pay is their membership fee.
Medjet Assist Horizon program
Medjet Assist Horizon program also includes Crisis Response and Travel Security such as:
- Travel Security and Crisis Response*
- Ground Ambulance Transfer
- Specialty Hospital Transfer
- Personal Travel Advisories
- Cash Advance
- Political Threat
- Violent Crime
- Blackmail & Extortion
- Wrongful Detention
- Kidnap for Ransom