Good Neighbor Insurance, Inc provides term life insurance to our clients in Arizona and throughout the U.S. To understand more about term life insurance please go to our web page at https://www.gninsurance.com/arizona-term-life-insurance/.
Life insurance companies are only looking at the “major” medical illnesses when one applies for term life insurance. Thus, instead many medical questions on the life insurance application the blood test makes it quick and simpler. Plus, a nurse comes out to the location of your choice and you can choose the best time from your busy schedule.
Common blood test life insurance companies run when evaluating an applicant are:
- Glucose (normal 60 – 100; 100 – 120 may be pre-diabetic; over 120 may be diabetic
- BUN, creatinine (kidney function tests)
- Alkaline Phosphatase, Bilirubin, LDH (other liver tests)
- Cholesterol, HDL, LDL, triglycerides (Lipids)
Tips for preparing for your lab test:
- Fasting is important for an accurate test. You should consume nothing (except water) for 8 – 12 hours prior to your blood drawn
- Consuming water before labs may help the technician locate veins for blood drawn
- Take it easy the evening before a test; rest is important for an accurate test
Doug Gulleson loves to scuba dive overseas and makes sure he has his US health care and overseas health care, www.gninsurance.com , information with him at all times when he travels Keep our blog close by you, www.gntravelinsurance.com, for continual updates on the changes with the US health care system.