Geo Blue Xplorer overseas medical career insurance for expats is one of our top international insurance career plans here at Good Neighbor Insurance. Why? Because the Xplorer is as close as ACA (affordable care act) compliant as an international insurance plan can be. By the way, only U.S. domestic insurance long term / career health plans have to be ACA compatible. International insurance from travel insurance to expat career plans do not.
You may read all about the Geo Blue Xplorer on our web page here at here at https://www.gninsurance.com/hth-geoblue-navigator-xplorer-overseas-travelers/#citizen. The brochure and additional information will provide you all the benefits that you can receive on this expat career insurance plan. Our international insurance specialist will be glad to provide you with answers that you and your family deserve. Call us toll free at 866-636-9100 or via our Phoenix Metro office here in Arizona at 480-633-9500. You may also email us here at email@example.com.
But, for now, let us name a few benefits that set this overseas medical insurance plan above the rest of the competition:
- Unlimited annual and lifetime medical maximum
- Deductible waived for office visits with doctors
- No waiting period or sublimit for preventative services
- Can be kept upon return home which offers unique portability. Thus, unlimited coverage in the U.S.
- Pre-existing conditions covered with creditable coverage. Or without creditable coverage will be covered after the sixth month on the policy.
- Illness and injuries related to terrorism are covered
Here are some FAQs and answers that we get here at Good Neighbor Insurance.
- How do I qualify for maternity benefits?
- After 364 days of continuous coverage, GeoBlue Xplorer members are eligible to enroll in a new plan that covers maternity costs in the same way as all other conditions. Members do not need to submit a new health statement.
- How does the optional pharmacy benefit work?
- The optional pharmacy benefit provides coverage inside the U.S. and a higher benefit limit outside the U.S.
GeoBlue offers members the convenience of a direct billing service inside the U.S. so that the member is only responsible for co-payment at participating pharmacies. Most major pharmacies participate in this program administered by Universal RX. Outside the U.S., members pay the pharmacy directly and then submit a claim to GeoBlue for reimbursement. the optional pharmacy benefit is not subject to the deductible or to the co-insurance on the plan.Within the United States, members pay $10 for generic drugs and $25 for brand name medications. Members are also eligible to use our mail order pharmacy service.
Are acts of terrorism covered under this plan?
- The GeoBlue Xplorer plan does not exclude illnesses or injuries related to terrorism or a terrorist act. In order to be covered in countries where there are open hostilities, such as Iraq and Afghanistan, a member must not be engaged in hostile or combative activities. If you are moving to or are in a country with a state department travel warning, contact your agent or GeoBlue to see if you are eligible to be issued a plan. Note, once issued coverage is afforded to members in all countries.
- I am located in Washington state and therefore am not eligible to buy a GeoBlue Xplorer plan. When will Washington be an approved state?
- It is very difficult to predict state approvals. We are working with state insurance regulators to accelerate the process if possible.
If you are going abroad, you may wish to complete a pre-screening form prior to leaving. You can then apply for coverage using an abbreviated application when you are no longer a resident of Washington.
- Will my pre-existing condition be covered under a GeoBlue Xplorer plan?
- If you were previously covered by a group or individual U.S. health plan that issues you a Certificate of Creditable Coverage, GeoBlue will apply this prior coverage to the pre-existing conditions waiting period, provided you meet GeoBlue’s medical underwriting criteria. GeoBlue will also consider private health insurance issued in other countries as creditable coverage. GeoBlue does not consider surplus lines insurance sold in the U.S. as creditable coverage.
The number of months of coverage shown on the Certificate will reduce or eliminate the six month pre-existing condition waiting period. If you have six or more months of creditable coverage, your waiting period will be eliminated. If you have less than six months creditable coverage, your waiting period will be reduced by the number of months you had creditable coverage. For example, if you have two months of creditable coverage, your waiting period will be reduced from six months to four months.
Geo Blue and Good Neighbor Insurance are here to make sure you get the very best international career insurance while you are an expat. (And) when you do go with the Geo Blue Xplorer you have met the platinum standard of an international career medical insurance benefit plan for you and your family.
Have a wonderful and safe travels!