Group World Traveler through Aetna International
Emergency medical insurance for employees who travel internationally on business for six months or less outside of their home country.
The Aetna WorldTraveler plan for employers provides emergency and urgent medical benefits and health–related services to employees traveling on business internationally for six months or less. This covers illness or injury when outside of one’s primary residence for work.
- To be eligible, the employee must be traveling outside his or her home country.
- It is expected that they have their own insurance when at home.
- Optional add-ons:
- Medical coverage for dependents traveling with the employee
- Business sojourn medical coverage leisure travel that is connected to a business trip.
- Your employee must be traveling outside their home country. If the member’s country of residence and/or domicile is the U.S or any U.S. territories or protectorates, it is considered traveling within the member’s home country.
- People under the age of 70 who are regular full-time employees of an employer participating in this plan are eligible.
- To be eligible, the employer can have no more than 40% inbound travel to the United States.
- Eligibility will be limited to groups with an employer/employee relationship. Board members, consultants, students, etc., do not qualify.
Additional Information of Aetna WorldTraveler
- The WorldTraveler Product is available in two different plan designs:
- WorldTraveler – includes $300,000 medical coverage per person per calendar year maximum, plus up to $250,000 in emergency assistance services.
- WorldTraveler Plus – includes $500,000 medical coverage per person per calendar year maximum, plus up to $250,000 in emergency assistance services. maximum. Additional benefits include: $1,000 for lost luggage and $2,000 for trip interruption due to a medical reason.
- WorldTraveler is offered on a fully insured basis (the WorldTraveler is not U.S. domestic medical insurance for non-US citizens employees living in the US).
- There is a minimum premium amount of $1,000 for the group; key factors that impact pricing are location of travel and total travel days (Travel to US is a higher rate than travel outside the US).
How do we start the process to get our Aetna World Traveler set up? Please contact GNI at email@example.com and request an application or click below to start your custom quote today: