Why we like it:
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND Outreach Group Overseas Travel Insurance for all types of charitable travel, volunteer travel, churches, and educational travel.
This is also a good plan for groups from Canada, as well as all U.S. and non-U.S. travelers. It is not for group travel to the U.S.
Teams traveling can have differing departure dates. There is also an option for individual travelers.
Learn about the plan through this video
Note: If your group is not traveling for charitable purposes, or if all your travelers are under age 30, Patriot Group Travel Insurance is a better option >>
- Available for travel from anywhere to anywhere – starting at $0.93 a day
- For charitable groups and teams who are volunteering – SPECIAL RATES
- Exclusive plan available only at Good Neighbor Insurance
- We allow teams with as few as one traveler per trip!
- Includes coverage for COVID-19
Our Custom Outreach Group Overseas Travel Insurance plan with emergency evacuation for teams
- Our custom plan with great rates for all team travel/group travel. Rates starting at $0.93 a day.
- Online enrollment and confirmation within 24 hours
- Terrorism and political evacuation for countries not on the State Department Warning list
- Option to include Extreme Sports Rider coverage
- Deductible options of $0, $100, or $250
- Amazing team plan can be used for as few as one person
Click to view plan features
Additional information on Outreach Team Travel Insurance
Why we like this travel insurance plan:
This custom Outreach group overseas travel insurance plan is one of the most valuable, most affordable and most popular international team medical insurance for short term teams and organizations needing group travel insurance. It is also for general international teams traveling with differing departure dates.
The reason our customized plan is the best international team insurance is because of its low rates, comprehensive essential benefits, and ease of applying and using this team insurance.
We also have a sincere and trusted relationship with the insurance company, IMG, which specialize in insuring volunteers, non-profits and faith-based groups for many years. Because of our great relationship, we had the opportunity to create our own outstanding custom short term team insurance plan!
We have customized the rates and simplified the coverages, limiting the deductibles to three options ($0, $100, & $250) and the coverage options to $50,000, $100,000, and $250,000. Saving you both time and money. You can see sample rates above or click on “Download Rates” at the bottom of this page to see all daily rates. Although the rates are all age groups are great; the daily rates are outstanding for those over age 30.
As a side note, if all your travelers are under age 30, the Patriot Group Travel is a better option!
The insurance carrier has an amazing emergency medical response team to help if and when severe situations occur. Some of our staff actually visited IMG’s headquarters and learned how their emergency response and procedures are handled. They were quite impressed!
Benefits of Outreach Group Overseas Travel Insurance:
The Outreach Group International Health Insurance Plan, like all of our other excellent international travel and health insurance plans, provides coverage for
- New injuries and new illnesses
- Medical Evacuation and repatriation
- Return of Mortal Remains, and much, much more.
Some of the additional benefits of this plan are the…
- End of Trip Home Country Coverage
- Natural Disaster insurance
- Terrorism insurance
- Political Evacuation insurance
- Trip Interruption
(Regarding the Terrorism and Political Evacuation coverage, it is not available in countries that have a current travel warning in effect on or within six months prior to your arrival in country.) The End of Trip Home Country Coverage is one month of coverage in your home country. It is available for every five months active on the insurance. If there should be a natural disaster, the plan will pay $100 a day for up to five days. It is paid if you are displaced from planned, paid accommodations due to an evacuation following a natural disaster. Or if from a forecasted natural disaster. Trip Interruption insurance is coverage to go back to your home country should you have a relative unexpectedly die. Or if your principal residence is destroyed (by fire or natural disaster) or was broke-in to.
There is also basic sports coverage included in the plan, which would be recreational and pick-up sports, such as recreational downhill skiing or pick-up basketball.
One essential area of coverage is international Emergency Evacuation insurance. It is covered up to $500,000. Emergency evacuations occur when you have a medical necessity that cannot be provided for locally and could result in loss of life or limb. If a medical evacuation is medically necessary, here is what to do:
You, or someone with you, must call and inform the insurance company. The company will communicate with the medical personnel on the ground. They will take you to the nearest adequate place for treatment, either by air or by ground transportation. They will not take you back to your home country if that is not the best immediate health option. Decisions are be made by the insurance company in consultation with the doctors and patient’s needs. After a medical evacuation occurs, you then have the option to be taken back to your destination, or back to your home country.
As for claims, most times you will pay out of pocket for any medical expenses and submit the claims. The company will reimburse you for all eligible expenses after your deductible. However, there may be international providers in your country and city, which the carrier can pay directly. This saves you from paying upfront. Which is why it is always good to notify the carrier in case of medical necessity to find out.
If there are international contracted providers, or “in-network” providers, the facility or doctor may provide this option of direct billing with the insurance company. Claims need to be submitted within 90 days of service. Please allow 30 business days for claims to be processed. Yet, it can take longer if additional medical records are needed. You must collect receipts and medical records at the time you receive treatment in order to be reimbursed. You should also be seen overseas, as soon as possible, to ensure coverage and to keep things from getting worse.
Travel insurance riders you may add:
In addition to the plan, you can add the following riders to this Outreach Group Travel insurance policy:
- The Adventure Sports Rider will cover for many extreme sports. The maximum limit for the international extreme sports insurance to age 49 is $50,000. Ages 50 and older have lower maximum limits for extreme sports. Not all sports are covered, so please be sure to verify coverage if anyone may participate in adventure or extreme sports.
- The other rider you can add is the Chaperone/Faculty Leader Replacement Rider. This can be added so that, in case the insured designated leader of the short term team is unable to go on or continue the trip, then a replacement chaperone or leader can replace the other. The plan will pay up to $3,000 for a roundtrip economy airline ticket. The only covered reasons that leader cannot go is due to a medical emergency or an unexpected death of a relative. Or if their principal residence is destroyed and that requires them to cancel or interrupt travel.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!