Why we like it:
The Azimuth Meridian International health plan is one of our most affordable international health insurance plans. It offers flexibility in coverage options, with three levels to fit each budget. You can “exclude coverage in the U.S. and Canada” to save even further. This plan is great for young families because your 2 youngest children under 10 are covered at no cost (if both parents are covered). It is also more flexible in underwriting for those who might otherwise have trouble getting approved, and it includes 6 months of coverage in the U.S. each year.
Note: If you are not a U.S. resident or a Canadian resident and do not need coverage in the U.S. or Canada, select “Exclude the U.S. and Canada” when you apply or get a quote.
- Those doing missionary or charitable work abroad up to age 65 on a tight budget looking for an affordable international health insurance plan
- People needing more flexibility in underwriting
- People wanting up to 6 months a year in the USA
- Young families – your 2 youngest children (under 10) are covered at no cost
Azimuth Meridian is an affordable international health insurance plan with three coverage options
- Choose from Enhanced, Essential or Clear based on your needs and budget
- Can save money by excluding the U.S. and Canada if that coverage is unnecessary
- Azimuth is a little more lenient with underwriting
- Choose this plan if needing up to 6 months coverage in the U.S. per year
- Great for young families since first two children are free if both parents sign up together
- Backed by Lloyd’s of London, uses Aetna as PPO network in U.S.
- Rapid underwriting process – 48 hours for Essential plan and 72 hours for Enhanced plan
- Excellent customer service through 24/7 call center, offers medical referrals, travel advisories, lost baggage tracking, etc.
- Coverage includes medical evacuation, repatriation of remains and bedside visit
All of our Azimuth Meridian Plans:
- Are backed by Lloyd’s of London
- Use Aetna as the PPO network in the U.S. which is an excellent network
- Have flexible Underwriting
- Six months out of twelve months coverage in the U.S. each policy year
- Allow up to 30 days of coverage in the U.S. at the start of the policy
- Maternity coverage – Meridian Enhanced: $50,000 maternity benefit included after a 12 month waiting period. Co-pay of $2500 per pregnancy.
Click to view plan features
Click to view plan features
Meridian Clear – For specific needs
Click to view plan features
More about this affordable international health insurance plan
Who Is Eligible for the Meridian Series?
Clients who qualify medically, are more than 14 days old and under the age of 65, and who live outside of the United States. They are able to apply for the plan and once accepted, would be able to continue indefinitely with no medical questions subject to the terms of the Evidence of Insurance. If you are a US citizen residing in the USA, you must depart the US within 30 days of your Effective Date for each Coverage Period of insurance and within 30 days of your continuation of coverage date.
Those clients who qualify medically and are accepted on the plan after the age of 65 would be able to continue on their plan up to their 75th birthday.
Meridian Speed Underwriting
The Meridian Series plans involve a review of your application by underwriters to determine your eligibility for coverage and acceptance on the plan.
Meridian Essential applications are routinely reviewed and processed within 48 business hours. Meridian Enhanced are regularly reviewed and processed within 72 business hours. This is provided we receive all necessary information.
Once accepted on the plan, you will receive confirmation of coverage via email if you provide email information. This is followed by a complete fulfillment kit containing your Evidence of Insurance, identification card(s), Azimuth claim form, welcome letter and receipt for the transaction. If an application is declined, the premium will be refunded in total.
Family Friendly Rates
Thanks to the First Two Free feature, families enjoy the benefit of having the first two children under age 10 covered at no extra charge if both parents are insured on the same plan.
What if I have a Claim?
The claim process is quite simple. In the event that you have a claim for eligible expenses you have already incurred, simply complete the Azimuth Claim Form. It is included in your plan fulfillment or you may download one at www.azimuthrisk.com.
Submit the completed Azimuth Claim Form, original itemized bill and receipts of payment to our office. All eligible expenses will be promptly reimbursed. With every aspect of Azimuth’s operations, if you have questions or difficulty with the claim submission process, simply contact our office and we will be happy to assist.
In the event that you have a large or ongoing claim your pre-notification through Azimuth will in many cases allow us to arrange direct billing and payment to your healthcare provider.
In order to receive complete benefits, hospital admissions, trip interruptions, repatriation of mortal remains, emergency medical evacuations, any Inpatient or Outpatient Surgery or procedure indicated in the Evidence of Insurance, must be pre-notified by contacting Azimuth Risk Solutions prior to receiving services.
In the case of emergency hospital admission, Azimuth must be contacted within the first 48 hours of admission or as soon as reasonably possible.
Pre-notification is not a guarantee of benefits.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!