Why we like it:
An excellent plan for U.S. and Canadian citizens living abroad that would like a comprehensive plan with lower premiums. Maternity coverage is included on both the Gold and Platinum level. Both levels have a high medical maximum. The preferred provider network within the U.S. is Aetna.
- For U.S. and Canadian citizens
- Best for those under the age of 75
- Up to $4 or $7 million (USD) medical insurance
- Five deductible options
- Maternity coverage for both Gold and Platinum levels
- Available only for U.S. or Canadian citizens living abroad
- Best for those under the age of 74
- Up to $4 million (USD) medical insurance on Gold, $7 million on Platinum
- Five deductible options
- Platinum includes vision and dental coverage
- Up to six months per policy year to be covered in the U.S.
- Preventative medicine is included on both levels
- Maternity coverage is included on both levels
FAQs and Answers
Emergency medical evacuation
- Air ambulance covered up to policy limit without deductible, per insured, per policy year.
- The following requirements must be met
- The medical condition must be covered by this policy and the treatment required cannot be provided, or is not available in any manner in the area or place where the insured finds himself/herself at that moment.
- The transportation will be authorized to the closest location where the insured can receive treatment by qualified entities.
- The transportation is to be provided by the entity licensed for such purposes.
- The air-ambulance transportation must be pre-authorized and coordinated in advance with the Company.
How many months does a policyholder have in the U.S. each policy year?
- The insured may spend up to 180 days out of the 365 days period in the United States or any of its territories
- If the policyholder spends more than what is stated above the policy will be cancelled.
- This is due to the rules of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) where an international / expatriate medical insurance may not take the place of an ACA medical insurance policy here in the United States.
What is the “special network” that we can see in the U.S?
- You may use the “special network” which is here on this attachment.
- You may also use the Aetna network here in the U.S. at this link, https://www.aetna.com/dsepublic/#/contentPage?page=providerSearchLanding&site_id=passport.
Non-U.S. citizens can also use this policy
Is this expatriate medical insurance policy only for U.S. citizens residing outside the U.S. or for non-U.S. residents / citizens reside outside their home country?
- This expat medical insurance may be used for
- U.S. citizens residing outside the U.S.
- Canadians residing outside of the U.S. or Canada
- Must be 74 or younger to apply.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!