Ask Doug – 5 Best Places to Visit in Arizona and What to do There
If you are looking for a great vacation and holiday destination, Arizona should be at the top of your list.
- There are great many attractions to choose when you visit Arizona.
- Today, we will only touch on the top five destinations within our state we feel are a must for your visit here in Arizona.
“Ask Doug – Arizona Spotlight” is a series of videos highlighting incredible people, fabulous businesses, spectacular places, and mouthwatering foods here in the great State of Arizona.
A trip to Arizona would not be complete without journeying to breathtaking Sedona to experience the red rock landscape in one of the most beautiful settings in Arizona – https://visitsedona.com.
- Sedona is roughly a two-hour drive from Phoenix.
- There is so much to see in Sedona such as great hiking spots to enjoy the outdoors, art galleries, tourist shops, jeep tours, and amazing family run restaurants to enjoy great cuisines just to name a few.
Of course, we have to mention the great Grand Canyon – https://www.nps.gov/grca/index.htm.
- Visiting one of the 7 wonders of the world will be a great highlight of your holiday.
- The Grand Canyon stretches almost 300 miles / 482 kilometers across.
- You can visit either the south or north rim, and see just about everything in between.
- The South Rim of the Grand Canyon will take you around 3 hours or so from Phoenix.
- The North Rim of the Grand Canyon will take you a bit longer to drive, about an hour or two longer.
As you travel around the world and here in the U.S. make sure you’re protected with travel medical insurance – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/insurance-usa.
Don’t we plan our vacation with excitement and gusto? Let us, with excitement and gusto, at Good Neighbor Insurance find the best travel medical insurance benefits for you as you connect with us on the phone, email, or live chat.
For those residing outside the U.S, Good Neighbor Insurance provides great travel medical insurance here online to fit your holiday travels find the best plans linked below under international travel medical insurance to the U.S. – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/usa-visitors
For those residing in the U.S. we have some great travel medical insurance options linked below as plans marked for domestic travel and adventure sports plans –https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/insurance-usa.
Most probably, you will be flying to Arizona for your vacation into Phoenix Sky Harbor here in the great city of Phoenix, Arizona – https://www.skyharbor.com.
Did you know that Phoenix Metro is one of the top destinations for golf enthusiast? There are tons of golf courses to choose from, even during the hot summer months. There are a lot of other great things to do in the Greater Phoenix, https://www.visitphoenix.com, area such as
- Hiking amazing trails
- Mountain biking for every skill level
- Sports venues and tons of theaters, cultural centers, concert halls and music venues to choose from like the ASU Gammage multipurpose performing arts center in Tempe, Arizona.
- And then when your taste buds are aching for amazing cuisines you have tons of variety to choose from such as south western choices of authentic Mexican and Native American influences, steak house, vegetarian and vegan friendly restaurants like True Food Kitchen in Scottsdale, and so many other great dishes from Greek, to Brazilian, Indian, Vietnamese, Thailand foods, to American, to delis of all kinds.
Now if you are needing some colder weather to enjoy just head over to the city of Flagstaff, about a 2-and-a-half-hour drive north of Phoenix.
- Flagstaff’s elevation is around 6,900 feet / 2100 meters high and is a wonderful relaxed retirement city and home to Northern Arizona University.
- This city has four seasons throughout the year to enjoy.
- The San Francisco Peaks and Mt. Elden are perfect places for outdoor enthusiasts with plenty of opportunities for hiking, mountain biking, and rock climbing.
- During the winter months, there is also skiing.
- All year long you will find a large selection of local entertainment and culture events including concerts, workshops and performances.
We end our top five visits for your vacation holiday with a visit to Tucson – https://www.visittucson.org.
- Tucson is a great place for true southwestern experiences.
- Tucson, by car, is around an hour and a half south of Phoenix. A wonderful drive to enjoy the different deserts to which Arizona is home
- Tucson has mountain ranges in every direction and sweeping expanses of beautiful arid desert views.
- Besides, shopping and dining adventures to enjoy, you can also enjoy hiking trails, campgrounds, parks, and biking areas in the Tucson area.
Arizona, one of the 50 U.S. States, located in the south western part of the U.S. has a lot to offer the holiday traveler.
- I have enjoyed residing in this great State for over 22 years.
- I still love to explore and re-explore the many amazing places, peoples, cultures, and cuisines the great State of Arizona has to offer.
Safe U.S. and International Travels – from your GNI Team here in Gilbert, Arizona!