Why we like it:
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND the iTravel Preferred LX plan because it covers everything. And has exceptional medical and travel benefits as well as the best trip cancellation insurance. This is a great primary emergency medical insurance plan while you are on your travels overseas.
Options include “cancel for any reason” and “interruption for any reason.” The iTravel SE plan is great for families. Children are added for free making this a family-friendly trip cancellation plan.
It has high amounts of medical evacuation and medical coverage. The exclusion for pre-existing conditions can be waived if you sign up within 20 days of your initial deposit. Choose the lowest out-of-pocket costs, or up to $100,000 in refundable costs with the best trip cancellation insurance!
Note: If purchasing for a group, all members must be residents of the same state.
- iTravel LX – Includes “trip cancellation for any reason”
- One of our best trip cancellation insurance policies up to age 99
- iTravel SE – Children are free on this family-friendly trip cancellation plan
- The exclusion for pre-existing conditions can be waived
iTravel is the best Trip Cancellation insurance plan option for up to 90 days for travelers up to age 99(!) who are required to pay an upfront fee or deposit towards their future travel. Compare these three well-respected trip cancellation plans here or download the comparison chart. Contact us to inquire about insurance options for trips longer than 90 days.
Please note: If purchasing for a group, all members must be residents of the same state.
To safeguard your travel investments from unforeseen circumstances, consider one of their three trip cancellation plans/options:
- Lite to cover trip cancellation and trip interruption – Great basic coverage that you deserve at a budget price
- SE has extras for families – Children are added for free making this a family friendly trip cancellation plan
- LX covers everything and has exceptional benefits and trip cancellation coverage. This is a great primary insurance plan while you are on your travels overseas. Includes “cancel for any reason” and “interruption for any reason.”
- The Sport plan was created with adventurers in mind. Travel insurance coverage and benefits are available whether traveling on an expedition, tour, or vacation abroad.
What is Trip Cancellation?
Trip cancellation primarily protects you and your investment from financial loss in case you cannot travel due to emergency or loss of job. Or even if you want to cancel for any reason (LX plan). iTravel Insured trip cancellation plans are designed to fit any and every type of travel. A single person, a couple, or family that needs a trip cancellation insurance plan.
Get the peace of mind knowing that you have trip cancellation coverage in case any unforeseen circumstance comes up where you or your family cannot travel or go on the trip you paid for. Yes, even bad things happen to good people. Hence, why Good Neighbor Insurance offers the strongest trip cancellation and trip interruption travel plans on the market!
Trip Cancellation & Interruption – What is covered?
Here are a few examples of covered trip cancellation and interruptions perils. Refer to the insurance policy for complete details.
- Sickness, Injury or Death of Insured (or a Family Member, a Travel Companion, a Business Partner or a Child Caregiver)
- Insured’s Primary Residence or Destination Uninhabitable
- Theft of Passports/Visas
- Required to Work, Involved in a Merger, Job Loss or Job Relocation
- Documented Traffic Accident
- Unannounced Strike
- Inclement Weather
- Mechanical breakdown of the Common Carrier
- Natural Disasters, Mandatory Evacuations
- Active Military Service
- A Terrorist Incident
- Revoked military leave
- Bankruptcy or Default of travel provider
- NOAA Hurricane warning at destination
- Jury Duty
Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion and Waiver
The Company will not pay for any expense as a result of any illness, disease, or other condition during the 60 day period immediately prior to the date your coverage is effective for which you or your traveling companion, business partner or family member scheduled or booked to travel with you:
- Took or received a recommendation for a test, examination, or medical treatment for a condition which first manifested itself, worsened or became acute. Or had symptoms which would have prompted a reasonable person to seek diagnosis, care or treatment. Or –
- Took or received a prescription for drugs or medicine. Item (2) of this exclusion does not apply to a condition which is treated or controlled solely through the taking of prescription drugs or medicine. And it remains treated or controlled without any adjustment or change in the required prescription throughout the 60 day period before coverage is effective under this policy.
WAIVER OF THE PRE-EXISTING CONDITION EXCLUSION:
The exclusion for Pre-Existing Condition will be waived provided:
1) Your payment or deposit for this policy and enrollment form are received within 20 days of the date your initial payment or deposit for your trip is received and;
2) You are not disabled from travel at the time your premium is paid.
More about iTravel and IMG
iTravelInsured is a wholly owned subsidiary of International Medical Group®, Inc. (IMG®), a worldwide leader in designing, distributing and administering global health care benefits. Through our family of companies, we bring our insurance expertise to international travelers, vacationers, business executives and consultants, missionary groups, expatriates, professional entertainers, athletes, government entities, maritime officers and crew.
We are also an accredited business member of the Better Business Bureau and proudly carry an A+ rating.
Our travel insurance plans are underwritten by United States Fire Insurance Company. Fairmont Specialty and Crum & Forster are registered trademarks of United States Fire Insurance Company. The Crum & Forster group of companies is rated A (Excellent) by AM Best Company 2014.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!