Why we like it:
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND Patriot America Plus travel health insurance for USA visitors for trips from 5 days to 12 months. It offers great coverage for those traveling to the USA as their primary destination. It has a discounted group option, and covers acute onset of pre-existing conditions. Coverage for:
- Individuals, groups, and their dependents with maximum limits you choose from $50,000 to $1,000,000.
- Non-U.S. citizens for travel to America and countries outside of their home country
- U.S. citizens residing outside the USA to visit the U.S.
- Up to age 69, ages 70-80+ on reduced benefits
- Coverage includes COVID-19
This plan includes emergency medical evacuation of up to $1,000,000 lifetime maximum. It’s independent of medical insurance limit, with no deductible
- For travel to America and countries outside of your home country
- Travelers up to age 80+
- U.S. citizens living abroad and needing coverage for trips to the USA
- Has great benefits for the low price
for those residing outside the U.S. traveling to the USA or throughout the world (including the USA)
- Patriot America Plus provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling to the USA or to the USA and other countries
For those non-U.S. traveling throughout the world (but not including travel to the USA), please select Patriot International.
- Coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling to America, and for U.S. citizens residing outside the U.S. but traveling to the U.S.
- Coverage up to age 70
- This plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day to individuals and families.
- Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition prior to age 70 for medical up to the policy maximum
- Emergency medical evacuation due to pre-existing condition ($25,000 lifetime maximum on pre-existing conditions to age 70)
- We also have a discounted group option – Scroll to bottom of page
Patriot America Plus Travel Medical Insurance Benefits
Travel health insurance for USA visitors
Maximum medical insurance limits: (USD currency)
Individual deductible options: (USD currency)
Emergency medical evacuation
- Up to $1,000,000 lifetime maximum
- Independent of medical insurance limit
- No deductible
Continuation of treatment period –
Earlier of six months per injury or illness or upon return to home country
No end of trip home country coverage. Coverage will terminate the date the insured person returns to his/her Country of Residence unless covered as an incidental trip.
Please see the brochure for the full list of benefits
Note: IMG Patriot America Plus has a discounted group option for five or more travelers traveling together. See below.
Pre-existing Conditions – What is covered?
Definition of Acute Onset of Pre-existing Condition:
A sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition which occurs
- Spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms, is of short duration, is rapidly progressive, and requires urgent medical care;
- After the Effective Date; and
- Prior to the age shown in the Schedule of Benefits/Limits. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence. A Pre-existing Condition which is a chronic or congenital condition or that gradually becomes worse over time. And/or known, scheduled, required, or expected medical care, drugs or treatments existing or necessary prior to the Effective Date are not considered to be an Acute Onset.
Adventure Sports Rider
The Adventure Sports Rider is available for those up to the age of 65. The following activities are covered to the lifetime maximum amounts listed below as long as they are engaged solely for leisure, recreation, or entertainment purposes: abseiling, BMX, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hot air ballooning, jungle zip lining, parachuting, paragliding, parascending, rappelling, skydiving; spelunking, whitewater kayaking or whitewater rafting in water less than Class V difficulty, wildlife safaris, and windsurfing.
Enhanced Evacuation Plus Rider
This optional rider is available to insureds up to age 65. It provides coverage for medical evacuations for sudden and unexpected medical conditions that are non life-threatening, and where hospitalization is medically necessary. It also offers coverage for evacuations as a result of a natural disaster. This rider must be purchased for a minimum purchase of 3 months regardless of the minimum number of days being traveled.
|Non Life-threatening Medical Evacuation
|Up to a maximum of $25,000
|Natural Disaster Evacuation
|Up to a maximum of $5,000
Who this plan is designed for?
- Graduating seniors trips
- College students studying abroad
- Foreign au pairs and nannies
- Families sponsoring exchange students
- International vacationers
- Relatives visiting from overseas
- Recently arrived immigrants
Patriot America Plus visitor insurance USA provides coverage for non-U.S. residents traveling to the United States. Or to the USA in addition to other countries/destinations. (Patriot International would be your choice if your travels do not include the USA at all.) The plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day to individuals, families, and groups of five or more travelers. The plan provides a wide range of plan maximum limits and deductible options. It’s available for a minimum of five days up to a maximum of two years, in accordance with the terms of the Certificate of Insurance.
Excellent travel benefits and services to meet your global travel needs
You’ll have access to:
- International, multilingual customer service centers
- Claims administrators who process claims worldwide in virtually every language and currency
- 24 hour access to highly qualified coordinators of emergency medical services and international treatment.
- Sample contract
- There is an annual version of this plan including unlimited trips
- IMG Patriot America Plus also has a discounted group option.
Requires at least 5 people – Do not have to be related.
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!