International Term Life Insurance and International Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Good Neighbor Insurance – https://www.gninsurance.com, here in Gilbert Arizona, provides international term life insurance as well as international accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) options to our GNI clients living and traveling outside their home country / country of citizenship.
Here are the top seven questions, and our answers, relating to international term life insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com/health/term-life, and international AD&D that our clients at GNI have asked since our founding in 1997.
Question 1 – How long may I have my international term life insurance?
Answer – You may purchase one year up to 30 years international term life cover.
Question 2 – What is the face amount that I may purchase on my international term life insurance?
- You may choose (all in USD) from $50,000 all the way up to six million dollars of face amount.
- International term life insurance companies typically allow the amount of your face amount to be up to 10x your annual income.
Question 3 – May my spouse be covered on the same international term life plan with me, https://www.gninsurance.com/health/term-life?
Answer – Both of you may apply for your international term life cover. However, your spouse will need to apply on a separate international term life application. Thus, if both accepted, you will have two international insurance policies. This also applies for international AD&D cover.
Question 4 – I have an annual income but my spouse does not. May my spouse also get their own international term life insurance plan?
Answer – Yes. The maximum face amount will be based on the couples combined income.
Question 5 – If I return to my home country for good, am I still covered on my international term life insurance or international AD&D cover?
- No, when it comes to your international AD&D cover. That policy will end at the expiration date (which is not longer than a 12-month policy).
- Yes, on your international term life insurance policy, https://www.gninsurance.com/health/term-life. You may continue your international term life insurance cover as long as you pay the premium at each annual renew and up to the amount of years you purchased.
Question 6 – I live in a high-risk country (high rate of crime and terrorism). May I still apply for an international term life insurance plan or an international AD&D insurance?
- Yes. Even though you may live in a high-risk country, you may still apply for both the international term life insurance or the international AD&D cover.
- However, please keep in mind that your premium may be higher than average since international term life insurance and international AD&D policy premiums are also based on where you reside.
Question 7 – I know I can purchase for 1 year up to 30 years on my international term life insurance. But what if I want to purchase international AD&D, may I purchase for as many years I want?
- International AD&D and international term life insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com/health/term-life, works differently.
- You are correct that you may purchase for 1 year up to 30 years on your international term life insurance policy.
- However, on your international AD&D cover, you may only purchase up to 12 months at a time. If you are still residing outside your home country at the end of these 12 months, you may apply for another 12 months of coverage (premiums may change) for your international AD&D coverage. Depending on your overseas residence, we may be able to get you a 36-month AD&D policy.