Expatriate medical insurance that includes maternity benefits
Are you planning on extending your family while living overseas as an expat? If so, it is important to make sure that you have international insurance benefits that include maternity. Or are you considering adoption while living outside as an expatriate? If so, you will also want to know how your international medical insurance expat insurance handles the inclusion of your adopted child.
We, at Good Neighbor Insurance here in Gilbert, Arizona, can provide expatriate maternity medical insurance options that may fit your expat family needs. We will be going over
- What if I am already pregnant?
- What is the best expatriate medical insurance option(s) for maternity coverage?
- We are considering not getting maternity coverage at this time. Will I still be able to get international medical insurance for my child(ren)?
- We are considering adopting children eventually. Will my child be accepted on my expatriate medical insurance?
Good Neighbor Insurance, here in Gilbert Arizona, offers many long-term international health insurance plans that fit each person or family’s needs while residing overseas.
What if I am already pregnant?
- If you are already pregnant, you will not able to get long-term international medical coverage for maternity
- If you are pregnant and covered by medical insurance in your home country, not planning to deliver while traveling, we have travel plans that cover emergencies related to pregnancy.
- Every international long-term expat plan has a waiting period for the maternity benefit from 10 months up to two years.
What is the best expat medical insurance plans for maternity coverage?
- All of our international medical insurance plans that provide maternity benefits may be found at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/maternity.
We are considering not getting maternity coverage at this time. Will I still be able to get international medical insurance for my child(ren)?
- Option 1
- The Navigator here at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/geoblue-navigator/#citizen
- And the Xplorer plans here at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/maternity/geoblue-xplorer.
- If enrolled within 31 days of birth, babies are automatically accepted regardless of maternity coverage or not.
- Option 2
- Cigna Global expatriate medical insurance plans here at plans https://www.gninsurance.com/health/cigna-global.
- After the parent has been covered for 12 months, newborn babies are automatically accepted when enrolled within 30 from birth.
- Option 3
- The Meridian Essential and the Meridian Enhanced located here at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/azimuth-meridian.
- Medical application must be completed for all dependents to be added
- Acceptance is based on underwriting.
We are considering adopting children eventually. Will my child be accepted on my expatriate medical insurance?
- The Navigator here at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/geoblue-navigator/#citizen and the Xplorer plans here at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/maternity/geoblue-xplorer are the best expat medical insurance options for those considering adoption.
- If added to your coverage within 31 days of adoption, all children are automatically accepted.
- If you are considering the adoption of a special-needs child, this is the expat medical insurance option you will want!
- All other expat health insurance options will require an application and medical underwriting to add an adopted child to your expatriate medical insurance.