Furlough and sabbatical short term and travel medical insurance in the U.S. and outside the U.S.
Good Neighbor Insurance, here in Gilbert, Arizona, provides furlough and sabbatical short term and travel medical insurance in the U.S. and outside the U.S. – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/furlough-and-sabbatical
Expatriates that choose to exclude coverage for their home country will need temporary coverage for their travels home.
- Expats may be covered on nationalized plan in their country of service on a policy that only covers that country.
- Or U.S. citizens excluded the U.S. to save on their long-term international insurance plan to save on premium.
Good Neighbor can help find a short-term travel plan for short visits, whether the visit is for two weeks, two months, or longer
We can also assist in finding coverage for U.S. citizens returning for an extended furlough or sabbatical.
- For those returning for six months or more, we do recommend going to www.healthcare.gov to find an Affordable Care Act (ACA compliant plan.
- For most U.S. States, though, we do have options for U.S. domestic medical plans that cover for new injuries or new illnesses.
Question – Doug, our family is currently expecting our second child. Will the furlough options cover the delivery within the U.S?
- Matilda, sadly no. However, we do have some medical plan options that may cover for complications for early on in the pregnancy, but no medical plan will cover for delivering a child.
- If possible, it would be best to get on an Affordable Care Act (ACA) compliant insurance plan that will cover your pregnancy, Matilda.
Question – I have a pre-existing medical condition, Doug. I would like my hometown doctor to do a check-up while I am back. Would this be covered on a furlough medical plan?
- Sadly, short term medical plans currently do not cover this, Violet.
- These short-term medical plans are to cover you and your family for new injuries and new illnesses while you are visiting home
For the most up-to-date information on our furlough and sabbatical short-term and travel medical insurance options, please –
- visit our web page at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/furlough-and-sabbatical.
- or call one of our international expat and travel insurance agents at 480-813-9100 or toll free at 866-636-9100 here in Gilbert, Arizona, USA
- or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe global travels – from your GNI Team!