No breathalyzer test could mean your local medical insurance will not cover you. Yes, this is a sad and true story. Read the small print! Yes, the big print giveth and the little print taketh away. This is one of the reasons why it is important to have travel insurance and expat medical insurance based on a strong rule of law; a rule of law that favors innocent until proven guilty.
This article at Coconuts Bali, http://bali.coconuts.co/2016/12/05/belgian-woman-bind-after-seriously-injured-bali-collision, shows why it is important to read the fine print of any insurance policy, especially your overseas medical cover.
Here is the part we want you all to read from this article: “Though she’s apparently lived in Bali for eight years and even had Indonesian insurance, she’s not covered because no breath test was done on the driver of the car that hit her, or on her, to analyze whether either of them were under the influence of alcohol. Despite the driver being apprehended by the police, the absence of such tests rendered her records incomplete, the GoFundMe profile claims” (para 4 – http://bali.coconuts.co/2016/12/05/belgian-woman-bind-after-seriously-injured-bali-collision).
The quote from Polonius to his son Laertes is correct, “To thine own self be true.” In other words, take care of yourself first. One of the ways of taking care of yourself is having expat medical insurance that favors you innocent until proven guilty.
Good Neighbor Insurance, an international insurance broker, provides travel and expat medical insurance that does favor the law in your favor.
Our travel insurance cover will cover you for a few days up to 12 months or even longer. You may view our travel insurance plans here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/. Our travel insurance plans always favor innocent until proven guilty. Of course, if we as policyholders are found guilty of a felony our travel insurance will not cover us. This of course works for U.S. health coverage here in America. But for sure, the rule of law is on your side, the policyholders’ side.
One of our favorite travel medical insurance is the Outreach International at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/img-outreach-international/.
Here is more information on this superb travel insurance, the Outreach International and Outreach America.
- Short-term travel medical insurance
- Coverage for individuals and dependents
- Two plan designs – one for U.S. citizens and one for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country
- Maximum Limits from $50,000 to $2 million
- Deductible options from $0 to $2,500
- Available in monthly and daily rates
- Renewable up to 24 months if one month or more are purchased
- Freedom to seek treatment with the hospital or doctor of your choice
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings
- 24 hour secure access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time
All of our travel medical insurance has evacuation medical cover. This is vital for anyone traveling outside their home country.
All of our expat medical insurance also has evacuation medical cover. Our different expatriate medical insurance options are here at https://www.gninsurance.com/health/.
Our WEA Signature expat medical cover is a superb expat medical insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com/wea-signature/.
Here are some of the great benefits from our WEA Signature expatriate medical insurance:
- Flexible plan selection, based on your personal situation, the required coverage and your budget.
- Worldwide coverage, with optional U.S coverage.
- Full emergency and evacuation coverage in all plans
- Complete freedom in choosing your medical service provider.
- Extremely competitive prices, for both adults and children.
- A customer and medical service team, available 24 hours, 7 days a week, in English.
- Open for every nationality.
Please call one of our licensed agents at Good Neighbor Insurance at 866-636-9100 or locally here in Arizona at 480-633-9500 with any questions. You may also reach us via email at email@example.com. Have an amazing and safe travels as you serve others!