Good Neighbor Insurance provides great international student insurance called the IMG Student Health Advantage international student insurance plan. The IMG Student Health Advantage international student insurance plan is for students from China, Japan, Korea, Saudi Arabia, South America, Europe, or anywhere else studying in the U.S.
This Student Health Advantage international student insurance is designed for individuals or groups of five or more students or scholars participating in a sponsored study abroad program, and who desire an annually renewable comprehensive medical plan. This plan meets student visa requirements, and includes benefits for maternity, mental health, organized sports and international emergency care.
Your educational adventure should be rewarding and enjoyable. Maintaining the ability to be flexible and responsive, IMG developed Student Health Advantage is an international health care plan designed to specifically meet the needs of international students involved in long-term educational programs. The plan offers a complete package of international benefits available 24 hours a day.
Additionally, you have access to more than 17,000 providers when seeking treatment outside the U.S. using IMG’s International Provider AccessSM (IPA). You can also reduce your out-of-pocket expenses when seeking treatment in the U.S. by locating providers through the independent Preferred Provider Organization.
The IMG Student Health Advantage international student insurance plan has the following benefits –
- Coverage for students or groups of five or more participants and their dependents
- Mental and nervous disorders and substance abuse is covered
- Maternity coverage on the Platinum option is covered
- International emergency care and other great benefits
- Intercollegiate / interscholastic / intramural or club sports are covered
- Please go to https://www.goodinternationalstudentinsurance.com/img-student-health-advantage-international-student-insurance/ for the most up-to-date benefits.
Here is information on the Affordable Care Act (ACA) when it comes to any international student insurance plan when a student is residing in the U.S. –
- Non-U.S. citizens:
- As non-resident aliens, international students, scholars, and people involved in cultural exchange programs on F, J, M and Q visas (and certain family members) are not subject to the individual mandate for their first five years in the U.S. All other J categories (teacher, trainee, work and travel, au pair, high school, etc.) are not subject to the individual mandate for two years (out of the past six). Since international students are not subject to the mandate, they are not required to purchase a plan that meets PPACA requirements and can purchase Student Health Advantage.
- U.S. citizens:
- Under ACA, all U.S. citizens, nationals and resident aliens are required to purchase minimum essential coverage (ACA compliant coverage), unless they are exempt. Exempt U.S. citizens include U.S. citizens who reside outside of the U.S. for 330 of any 365-day period, or have a tax home (main place of work or employment, or if you don’t have a main place of work or employment, your main residence) in a foreign country, and is a bona fide resident of a foreign country.
GoodInternationalStudentInsurance.com works in collaboration with Good Neighbor Insurance. Please call one of our licensed agents at 866-636-9100 or locally at 480-633-9500 if you have any questions. You may also reach us via email at email@example.com.
Good Neighbor Insurance has been in business for over 20 years! Every one of our internationally trained and licensed insurance agents has a heart to serve you, our guests. It is a joy to know that we can provide you peace of mind with one of our many international student insurance options to safe guard from financial calamity as well as providing you the best overseas medical care during your studies and travels.
We thank you for giving us the privilege of serving you as you fulfill your dreams!
Have amazing and safe travels!