We know of no individual insurance plan that provides full maternity coverage for a woman already pregnant.
PARTIAL SOLUTIONS –Some international travel insurance plans provide coverage only for complications of pregnancy. Which means if the medical facility states baby’s life and/or mom’s life is in physical danger. These travel plans will not cover delivery or the baby.
Best travel plans to cover U.S. Residents traveling outside the U.S.
- Coverage must originate in the USA
- Coverage limited to six months
- Must have US underwritten health plan or Medicare A, B & C
- Covers all pre-existing health conditions
- Covers some complications of pregnancy
- Unlimited medical and evacuation coverage
- “Complications of pregnancy” are covered up to the 36 week of pregnancy
- Worldwide coverage during all types of travel: leisure, study and business
- Covers worldwide outside policy holder country of residence
- Coverage can originate anywhere in the world
- Coverage available for up to one year. May re-apply for additional coverage.
- Complications of Pregnancy covered during first 26 weeks of gestation.
Best long term career insurance to cover Expatriates residing outside the U.S.
- Long-term international health insurance plan
- Will accept a pregnant woman for coverage
- Will not cover the pregnancy or complications
- Will cover other medical / health problems