What are the best travel medical insurance options while pregnant?
Are you planning international travels during your pregnancy? If so, it is important to make sure that you have international medical insurance benefits that include coverage for complications, https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/traveling-while-pregnant. It is extremely important that you are not traveling against medical advice. Always check with your medical doctor to make sure you are medically able to travel outside your home country. Also check the Travel Warnings for your destination country. Certain disease outbreaks (Zika, for example) can carry a higher risk for pregnant women.
In this video, we will answer three major questions that our Good Neighbor Insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com, clients have asked us since our founding in 1997.
- What is covered on my travel medical insurance and what is considered a “complication” of pregnancy?
- What is the best travel medical insurance plan for me traveling while pregnant?
- If I give birth during my trip, will my delivery and newborn baby be covered?
Side note –
- It is very important to connect with our international insurance agents here at Good Neighbor Insurance for the most up-to-date information relating to your pregnancy benefits on any of our travel medical insurance and expat medical insurance options.
- International travel insurance benefits are continuously being updated.
- We are just a phone call, email, or online chat away here in Gilbert, Arizona!
What is covered on my travel medical insurance and what is considered a “complication” of pregnancy?
- On international travel medical insurance plans that include coverage for complications of pregnancy, a complication will be a condition that puts the life of the mother and / or baby in jeopardy.
- Examples of conditions that are NOT covered would be occasional spotting, false labor, or morning sickness.
- Routine maternity checkups and / or ultrasounds are not covered.
What is the best travel medical insurance plans for traveling while pregnant? – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/traveling-while-pregnant
For U.S. residents
- The Voyager Choice travel insurance and the Essential travel medical insurance plans located here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/pre-existing/geoblue-voyager/ are the top two best travel insurance options.
For non-U.S. residents
- Option 1 – The BUPA travel medical insurance will work best for you and is located here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/pre-existing/bupa-global
- Option 2 – Atlas International travel medical insurance is another great option and may be found here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/atlas-international
If I give birth during my trip, will my delivery and baby be covered?
- Delivery of your newborn baby is only covered if it’s due to an eligible complication (pre-eclampsia for example).
- If the pre-term labor puts you, the mother or your child in danger, then it would be covered. Claim eligibility is always based on official medical records.
- Newborn babies born during international travel will not be covered on the mother’s policy.