INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL MEDICAL EVACUATION ONLY INSURANCE
Medical Evacuation Only plans (emergency evacuation insurance plans) are becoming rare. These are plans that do not include medical benefits, only medical evacuation. One reason is the insurance company is concerned about their liability when they drop somebody off at hospital only to find out the patient has no coverage, or their insurance is not accepted.
That said, the best way to get excellent, affordable evacuation insurance is to include minimal medical and other travel benefits. Even if you already have a great health plan that will protect you in emergencies that happen overseas, these are great supplemental benefits to have when traveling internationally. And while in some cases you may have overlapping coverages, you can be sure that you will also have benefits that you hadn’t considered before, such as translation services, help with lost passports, etc.
All our career world health insurance plans and all our short-term international travel health insurance plans provide international medical evacuation insurance as part of the package. With these plans the insured is getting both international medical insurance coverage and also international medical emergency evacuation insurance coverage. If you are looking for international health insurance, you do not need to request international medical evacuation insurance separately.
Even if you have domestic medical insurance or a “shared plan” that will protect you overseas, emergency medical evacuation is still a serious concern to most travelers and international workers/volunteers. This is especially true when located in an area with inadequate medical care or if this benefit is not SPECIFICALLY addressed with your current coverage, or how to access the benefit.
Although some policies state that they would reimburse for medical evacuation, it would still be up to you to make the arrangements. This type of evacuation could cost you $15,000-$125,000 USD (and more), when paid out-of-pocket. The travel evacuation insurance plans on this page will give you excellent evacuation benefits where the insurance company makes all the arrangements. It also gives you a choice of only minimal medical coverage and the added protection and peace of mind that you are taken care of for this as well as other benefits like political evacuation, return of mortal remains, and many other benefits your home country coverage that a “share plan” may not include while you are overseas.
MEDICAL EVACUATION INSURANCE – FOR INDIVIDUALS AND FAMILIES
IMG PATRIOT SHORT-TERM TRAVEL PLUS EVACUATION
If you are looking for something like an “evacuation-only” option, we recommend:
- Select the highest medical deductible and choose the lowest medical benefit
- Plan comes with separate medical evacuation benefit of $500,000USD (deductible doesn’t apply)
- Great additional travel and supplemental benefits
- Optional trip cancellation, extra AD&D available for trip 3 months or longer.
GU DIPLOMAT INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL MEDICAL EVACUATION
EVACUATION INCLUDING ADVENTURE SPORTS OR AT-RISK NATIONS
- Must include adventure sports rider of your sport in order to cover evacuation during sports activities (see brochure for incl. sports)
- Strong medical evacuation of $500,000USD regardless of deductible/max medical benefit
- Helicopter from accident to hospital counted as medical transport
- Political and natural disaster evacuation benefit of $50,000USD (optional upgrade to $100,000USD)
- Return of Mortal Remains, Emergency Medical Reunion,…plus optional war and terrorism option
BUPA SHORT-TERM TRAVEL PLUS EVACUATION
A PREMIER EVACUATION AND FULL-MEDICAL PLAN FOR NON-U.S/Canadian residents
- Unlimited medical evacuation coverage
- Unlimited medical coverage
- Additional non-medical option and trip cancellation if needed
- 100% coverage in most cases
- Not available for purchase by U.S. and Canadian residents
- Plan also includes coverage for evacuation during natural disasters and civil unrest when EU authorities recommend evacuation.
GLOBAL RESCUE AND MEDICAL EVACUATION PLAN
RESCUE MEMBERSHIP PLAN FOR 7, 45, 90, 180 and 365 days
- Field rescues for members who need hospitalization but cannot get to a hospital
- US citizen and non US citizens may purchase this plan
- If residing in the US coverage will start when one is over 160 miles from their home residence