Welcome to Good Neighbor Insurance at gninsurance.com, where we’re passionate about providing top-notch global insurance protection for world wanderers, global vacationers, group travel, expatriates and international employer group insurance. Check out our blog (gninsurance.com/blog) for a treasure trove of information! From the latest travel safety advice to the buzz on emerging hotspots, exciting adventure activities, and insights into the travel and expat lifestyle, we’ve got you covered. Our blog is constantly updated every month, serving up fresh and fascinating content to fuel your global curiosity
Most Vegan-Friendly Cities Located in Southeast Asia
You love to travel, but being vegan makes it difficult to find food you can eat in new places. Good news: the number of vegan dining options is increasing, making it easier to travel while maintaining your vegan lifestyle.
What is a vegan?
- A vegan is a person who does not consume any food derived from animals.
- Vegans also avoid using any products derived from animals.
Why become a vegan?
- Reasons include animal rights, protecting the environment, religious beliefs, and health benefits.
- This list focuses primarily on dining options and is based on data from HappyCow, a great app for locating vegan options.
- Some places define vegan differently, so it’s important to ask.
- Taipei is the most vegan-friendly city in Eastern Asia, with 122 vegan restaurants according to HappyCow.
- Popular and highly rated restaurants include Vege Creek, Plants Eatery, and Mianto.
- There are also vegan bakeries and a vegetarian night market.
- Thailand is a vegan-friendly country, with over 90% of the population being Buddhist.
- There are currently about 112 vegan restaurants in Bangkok.
- Popular restaurants include Vistro, Veganerie, and May Veggie Home.
Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Chiang Mai has around 70 vegan restaurants, and is known for its abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Popular restaurants include AUM Vegetarian, Free Bird Cafe, and Vegan Heaven.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Vietnam is known for its delicious vegetarian dishes, which often use tofu and vegetables instead of meat.
- There are currently about 43 vegan restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Popular restaurants include Hum Vegetarian, Saigon Vegan, and Healthy Farm.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
- Siem Reap is a great destination for vegan travelers, with over 20 vegan restaurants.
- Popular restaurants include Chamkar Vegetarian Restaurant, Sister Srey Cafe, and Artillery Cafe.
- Bali has over 30 vegan restaurants and is known for its fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Popular restaurants include Earth Cafe, Zula Vegetarian Paradise, and Alchemy.
- Singapore is a vegan-friendly city with a growing number of vegan restaurants.
- Popular restaurants include VeganBurg, Loving Hut, and Afterglow by Anglow.
There are many vegan-friendly cities throughout Southeast Asia, making it easier than ever for vegan travelers to explore new places. Always remember to ask about ingredients and do your research before traveling to a new destination.
Don’t Forget to Travel Safely! When planning for international travel to Indonesia and beyond, one crucial step that often gets overlooked is purchasing travel insurance. No one wants to anticipate accidents or mishaps, but the truth is that they happen more frequently than we realize. At Good Neighbor Insurance Global Brokerage, we’ve been serving travelers like you for over 26 years and have heard too many heartbreaking stories that could have been avoided with the right protection.
As fellow seasoned travelers, we know firsthand how important it is to have the appropriate health insurance while abroad. That’s why we’re here to assist you in finding the ideal plan to meet your specific needs. Our team at Good Neighbor Insurance is dedicated to ensuring that you and your loved ones are safeguarded while on your international journey, so you can enjoy a worry-free and successful trip.
Before embarking on your global travels, it’s critical to have a travel health insurance or trip cancellation insurance policy that will provide you with the necessary protection. By doing so, you’ll be able to travel with confidence, knowing that you’re covered in case of any unfortunate events. At Good Neighbor Insurance, we’re here to help you make the best insurance decision for your specific travel needs.
Do check our blog article, “Most Vegan-Friendly Cities in Southeast Asia” on our blog at https://www.gninsurance.com/blog
Change is always in the air! Please check out our travel insurance options on our web page at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel for the most up-to-date information on your travel medical insurance –
- or call us at 480-813-9100 or we can set up a video call.
- or email us at [email protected]
Your GNI team here in Gilbert Arizona, wishes you all safe global travels in Southeast Asia and beyond.