Since the founding of Good Neighbor Insurance in 1997 – https://www.gninsurance.com, we have heard from many of our clients on where they have volunteered overseas. Here are seven different volunteer options that have been shared to us over the years, including just a couple recently.
Ask Doug About travel and everything else, https://www.gninsurance.com/resources/ask-doug, is a series of videos sharing a variety of global stories with also pairing the best travel insurance and expatriate medical insurance for different types of international travels –
- short-term travel medical insurance – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel
- frequent travel and multi trip travel medical insurance – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/annual
- travel medical insurance while pregnant – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/traveling-while-pregnant
- Adventure sports travel medical insurance – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/sports
- long-term expat living abroad – https://www.gninsurance.com/health
Seven international volunteer and social good trips you can take that will make a difference – Part 1 of 3
Tom called us last week to Good Neighbor Insurance, here in Gilbert Arizona, sharing with us about his plan to volunteer in South Africa. He wondered if there is an international medical insurance plan that will cover his travels to South Africa. We have a variety of travel insurance that will fit for Tom while he is volunteering in South Africa.
- We walked Tom through our travel insurance options here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel
- Since Tom was going to do some adventure sports while in South Africa we suggested two of our favorite travel medical plans that have amazing adventure sports benefits here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/sports or here at our adventure sports web page at. https://www.adventuresportsinsurance.com
Volunteer idea 1 – Save Animals Injured in Australia Bushfires
- Since July last year, bushfires had been raging in every Australian state, hurting more than one billion animals all over the continent. Last month, all fires were finally able to be put out. But the long-term damage of the fires still lingers, especially for the surviving animals.
- Seeing the needs of these struggling animals, Oceans 2 Earth Volunteers invites passionate volunteers like you to help distribute water and food in areas affected with fires. You’ll also care for wounded animals, making sure that they may recover and survive until their habitat is restored.
- You may reach Oceans 2 Earth here at their web link – https://www.oceans2earth.org.
- Oceans 2 Earth not only have great volunteering options in Australia, but throughout our wonderful world like in South America, Africa, and parts of Southeast Asia.
- If you are traveling to Australia to help out in volunteering and want to make sure you have travel insurance that covers pre-existing medical conditions, you will want to hop over to our web page here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/pre-existing and check out our different travel medical insurance with amazing trip insurance benefits.
Volunteer idea 2 – Teaching English in Indonesia with Cinta Baca (Love to Read) Foundation in Indonesia
- Did you know that Indonesia is the fourth most populous country in the world? But in terms of literacy levels, Indonesia ranks 58th in the world.
- The good news is that with your help teaching English as volunteers and the Indonesian government’s commitment to education in Indonesia, the literacy rate has increased the last few years.
- Here is a great web site with more detailed information on the literacy rate in Indonesia – https://countryeconomy.com/demography/literacy-rate/indonesia
- Volunteering with Cinta Baca at org is a great way to
- Work with local partners in Indonesia to organize fun and creative English programs for children in schools and orphanages.
- To learn Indonesia since Cinta Baca is dotted through most of Indonesia.
Many of our clients who enjoy teaching English as international volunteers are those who have retired from their primary job and want to give back to the global community. Our senior clients are just full of energy and are excited to teach others English as volunteers in Indonesia and throughout the world. Good Neighbor Insurance has some great travel medical insurance options for our clients who are 65 years young and onwards. You may view these travel medical insurance ideas here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/seniors.
Seven international volunteer and social good trips you can take that will make a difference – Part 2 of 3
We at Good Neighbor Insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com, are continuing our discussion of great social good volunteering ideas throughout our wonderful world!
To see the start of our video discussion please go to https://www.gninsurance.com/resources/ask-doug/about-travel/international-volunteer-social-good-trips.
Volunteer idea 3 – Building Houses for Families in Need
Be it in a big city or a small village, you will certainly find families needing and deserving a better house. Together with fellow Habitat for Humanity volunteers, you can lay bricks, mix cement, paint walls, and do much more to support speedy recovery after natural disasters and to help people who struggle to renovate their houses. Habitat for Humanity is a non-profit organization that helps families build and improve their house, so they can feel more at home. For more information on how to be involved in this wonderful volunteer organization please connect on their web site at https://www.habitat.org.
For travelers going overseas more than 2 times a year, Good Neighbor Insurance has the perfect frequent traveler medical insurance for you. Click over to our web page here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel/annual for our different travel medical insurance options. Good Neighbor Insurance has five great multi-trip travel medical insurance options that not only will fit your overseas insurance request, but also great on the pocket book!
Volunteer idea 4 – Empower Women in Thailand
Are you passionate about helping other women to improve their lives? If so, Join Love Volunteers Women’s Empowerment program is a wonderful volunteer organization to join. They to provide refuge, give emotional support, and facilitate learning to single moms in Thailand. Volunteers help provide need support to young pregnant women and new mothers who are needing living support and emotional support. Learn more about this wonderful volunteer organization by going here https://www.lovevolunteers.org/destinations/volunteer-thailand/womens-empowerment-chiang-mai.
Love Volunteers also has many other different types of programs which you may view here at https://www.lovevolunteers.org. Love Volunteers not only have rewarding volunteer programs throughout the world but also internship opportunities. They serve in many countries throughout the world from Central to South America to Africa, Southern Europe, Asia, and even Australia and New Zealand.
When you are volunteering at any organization throughout our great big world, make sure you have your travel medical insurance close by. Good Neighbor Insurance has helped many of her clients find the best travel medical insurance for their travels throughout the world. View many of Good Neighbor Insurance travel medical insurance here at https://www.gninsurance.com/travel.
Volunteer idea 5 – Clean and Restore Marine Environment in New Zealand
New Zealand is famous for its beautiful nature. But sadly, 10 of 45 native marine mammals are on the brink of extinction. Waterway Conservation Project is calling out for volunteers from all parts of the world to help clean and restore New Zealand’s marine environment and protect sea creatures from dying.
There are a few great volunteer organizations that work on restoring the great marine life and sea creatures in New Zealand. Two of these great volunteer organizations are (a) International Volunteer HQ here at https://www.volunteerhq.org/destinations/new-zealand/coast-and-waterway-conservation-in-auckland. (b) Another great social good organization is Conservation Volunteers New Zealand at https://conservationvolunteers.co.nz.
Seven international volunteer and social good trips you can take that will make a difference – Part 3 of 3
We at Good Neighbor Insurance, https://www.gninsurance.com, are finishing up in this video our discussion of great social good volunteering ideas throughout our wonderful world!
Volunteer idea 6 – Teach Kids to Swim and Surf in South Africa
Many South African children and teenagers are struggling with drug abuse. And sadly, many of these kids might have started consuming illegal drugs since they were in elementary school. Join the SAVE Foundation in organizing fun and constructive activities for children. Teach these awesome children to swim, surf, and skate while building friendships and sharing life lessons that will motivate them. Save Foundation is a registered non-profit organization located in South Africa focusing on enriching, educating, and empowering communities throughout South Africa. Save Foundation also has increased their reach by going outside of South Africa and working in 6 other countries with at least 35 humanitarian and wildlife projects over the last 10 years.
To connect with Save Foundation check them out on their web page at https://savefoundation.org.za. We are thankful at Good Neighbor Insurance there are wonderful organizations like Save Foundation and countless other amazing volunteer organizations working to make our world a better place.
Volunteer idea 7 – Mentor Small Businesses in Jamaica
Last year, the government of Jamaica said they were going to invest US$25 million on local small business startups over the next five years. However, not many business owners have the knowledge and skills to use these grants. If you have business experiences, you may want to join International Volunteer HQ to equip these business owners. Learn more about this opportunity here at International Volunteer HQ Jamaica web page – https://www.volunteerhq.org/destinations/jamaica
International Volunteer HQ is a wonderful organization where you can volunteer for a variety of programs abroad. Over 113,000 volunteers since 2007. Volunteer throughout the world including North America, the Caribbean countries, South America, Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, and the Pacific island countries. Basically, the world is open to you for volunteering through the folks at International Volunteer HQ.
There are also many projects to choose from. Here are just a few – Medical and health, construction and renovation, NGO support, sports, arts and music, sea turtle and marine conservation. To learn more about International Volunteer HQ, connect with them on their web site at https://www.volunteerhq.org.
No matter where you go on your volunteer travels please make sure you carry enough travel medical insurance during your trip. Good Neighbor Insurance provides the very best travel medical insurance to fit your needs and your budget. Good Neighbor Insurance has travel insurance that provides medical care, evacuation coverage, sports coverage, and other specialty travel insurance benefits that will fit your needs. Learn more about our travel medical insurance options, please click here – https://www.gninsurance.com/travel.