Why we like it:
BUPA is one of the best policies for adventure sports travel insurance up to age 69 from most nations (Not available for travelers from the USA, Canada, Brazil, Thailand and Nigeria). It covers most recreational and adventure sports without an additional rider. And it has the option to add trip cancellation to protect your non-refundable deposits. It is also a great plan for TRAVEL TO THE USA.
We like that it pays 100%, has no copays and no deductibles, and has an unlimited medical maximum dollar amount. You can also pay in four currencies. And trip policies are available in multiple languages. (Multilingual staff assist customers in more than 20 languages.)
There is also an annual travel version of this plan that covers unlimited trips per year >>
Note: We recommend you also select the “non-medical travel benefits” option when purchasing this insurance.
- Most extreme sports included on policy
- Non-U.S. / Non-Canadian travelers up to age 69
- Covers 100% of most travel medical claims
- Covers “high-risk” activities and countries
Note: When you click “Buy Online” or “Get a Quote,” sometimes the online application form for this plan can take 3-30 seconds to load.
We apologize for any delay since the security connection and form is coming from the carrier’s site.
Select: Single Trip, not Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance
Full contact sports and most adventure and extreme sports are covered.
However, the sports below are not covered:
- BASE jumping and Paragliding are not covered
- Rockclimbing is not covered
- Search and rescue services are not covered
- Motosports is not covered
You will be covered outside the country you are residing in. For example:
– A German citizen but residing in India you will be covered throughout the world including the U.S. minus India.
– An Australian citizen residing in South Africa you will be covered throughout the world including the U.S, Australia, the rest of the world minus South Africa.
– An Indonesian citizen residing in Indonesia you will be covered throughout the world minus Indonesia.
Please be aware that BUPA does not offer plans to U.S. residents or Canadian residents traveling overseas. Plans are also not available for residents of Brazil, Thailand and Nigeria.
This plan does insure non-U.S. and non-Canadian residents traveling anywhere in the world, including travel to the USA or Canada.
This insurance provides worldwide cover, excluding Iraq and Afghanistan (unless approved by the Company) and except for your country of permanent residence (even if an illness/injury has occurred abroad).
Why Bupa travel health insurance is one of the best for non-U.S./non-Canadian residents
- Unlimited medical and evacuation coverage
- 100% coverage for emergency treatment and medical evacuation
- No deductible and no co-insurance
- Few exclusions regarding adventure sports
Basic Medical Benefits below are covered 100% – No maximum limit
- Outpatient treatment by a doctor or specialist
- Prescribed medicines
- Ambulance transportation
- Medical evacuation/repatriation
- Continuation of trip post treatment
- Medical treatment due to sport injuries
- Crisis psychologist in case of mugging and assault
- Compassionate emergency repatriation
- Compassionate emergency visit
- Statutory arrangements in case of death
- Home transportation of the deceased
- Continuation of trip post treatment
(must be pre-approved by the Company)
- Mugging and assault– crisis psychologist
- Prescribed treatment by a physiotherapist/chiropractor
- Provisional emergency dental treatment
There are also two additional Options that you can choose to add to coverage:
1.) The Non-Medical Option is for international travel insurance benefits as well as other unique benefits. Personal Liability is included in this Option, as well as Baggage Delay, Trip Delay, and more.
2.) The second Option you may add is the Trip Cancellation Option. That provides international trip cancellation coverage to protect your finances against loss of deposit or prepaid amounts in case you cannot travel as planned.
Single Trip up to 2,500USD or 1,875EUR or 2,500CHF or 1,500GBP
The Non-Medical Travel Option
This option provides you with the following benefits:
- Personal accident – death and disability
- Baggage — theft, loss or damage
- Baggage delay
- Theft of passport/cash
- Personal liability — property damage
- Personal liability — bodily injury
- Travel delay
- Missed flight connection
- Hospital daily benefit
- Security and legal assistance
Trip Cancellation – Optional
This option covers in case you are unable to travel due to acute illness, injury or death.
This travel plan is for insuring a single trip for up to 365 days. It’s also possible to extend your stay/coverage.
For a complete list of benefits please see their brochure or request a sample certificate.
Click to view plan features
Regarding Pre-existing Conditions
Adventure Sports Coverage – Details
Hazardous sports / occupations:
The coverage for most hazardous sports and occupations is already included so there is no need to add anything to coverage, or pay for an additional rider.
The BUPA Global Travel Plan provides coverage for hazardous sports or occupations. Therefore these sports or occupations do not have to be done solely for leisure, recreational, entertainment or fitness.
- For example, a professional surfer would be covered for surfing
- Another example: A pilot or someone learning to fly would also be covered.
- League, Amateur, Collegiate, and Professional sports are covered except motorsports and the exclusions listed on this web page and on the brochure
- Full contact sports are covered
This plan does not cover:
- Active participation in…
motorsports (shows, races, or competition)
mountaineering that requires specialized climbing equipment
- These activities and locations: Expeditions, mountaineering and trekking in Antarctica, North Pole, and Greenland
FAQS ON BUPA ADVENTURE SPORTS TRAVEL INSURANCE
- Clicking on “Get a Quote” or “Buy Online”?
Sometimes the online application form for this plan can take 3-30 seconds to load due to its security algorithms. Do not refresh. We apologize for any delay since the form is coming from the carrier’s site.
- FAQ and Answers on Sports Medical Cover
- FAQ and Answers on Sports Travel Trip Cancellation
Here at Good Neighbor Insurance it is very important for us to connect with you.
As an international service provider, we want to be sure that you are taken care of while you, your family, and your friends are traveling or residing around the world. It is our honor to serve you!