Traveling overseas can be a great adventure, and it can create some of the best times of your life! Unfortunately, some well-planned overseas trips have been ruined by unexpected events. Although bad things can happen to anyone, being properly insured can often keep them from becoming disastrous.
Good travel insurance can keep you from experiencing major financial loss or having to return home. There’s already enough to worry about when you travel internationally. It would be a shame to let your medical coverage create another uncertainty for you. Read below to learn more about how this plan can protect you and your loved ones.
Which Plan Provides the Best Medical Coverage?
If you’re an international traveler wanting first-class medical coverage, I suggest you take a close look at the Patriot Platinum International travel medical insurance plan from IMG. Patriot Platinum is elite, short-term international medical and travel protection for any type of traveler. This plan protects you whether you are traveling for business, for vacation, on tours, or with a church on a mission trip or with an NGO, nonprofit, or humanitarian organization.
What Makes Patriot Platinum the Best Plan?
The reason this Patriot Platinum plan is top-notch is because its coverage is extremely strong and well-prepared to cover you in case of emergencies. It has many of the same essential benefits found in other short term overseas travel plans, but it has much higher coverage limits. Aside from the normal benefits, there are unique benefits as well. Some of these special benefits are the included basic sports coverage, remote transportation, identity theft assistance, and a felonious assault provision.
Additionally, this plan offers enhanced services to meet your global travel needs. You can choose from an extensive range of deductibles and maximum limits. You have exclusive access to their Global Concierge and Assistance Services. You also have access to more than 17,000 providers through our International Provider Access (IPA) when seeking treatment outside the U.S. In addition, you can reduce your out-of-pocket costs when seeking treatment in the U.S. by locating providers through the independent Preferred Provider Organization.
What are the Benefits of Patriot Platinum International Travel Medical Insurance?
Patriot Platinum offers a complete package of international benefits for individuals and families that is available 24 hours a day:
- This plan is available for a minimum of 5 days up to 12 months of coverage. It’s renewable up to 36 months if one month is initially purchased.
- There is no coinsurance unless you are traveling to the U.S. and do not use a contracted Network Provider.
- Coverage is available for the sudden and unexpected recurrence of pre-existing conditions.
- Includes medical evacuation, terrorism coverage, end of trip home country, trip interruption and other travel benefits. Accidental death & dismemberment of $50,000. Small pet common air carrier accidental death up to $500.
- There are separate plans for U.S. and non-U.S. citizens: The Patriot Platinum International plan provides coverage for U.S. citizens traveling outside the U.S. with coverage for brief returns to the U.S. The Patriot Platinum America provides coverage for non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country.
- Medical expenses, medical evacuation, terrorism, and basic sports and leisure activities are all covered up to the maximum limit. Maximum limits can be chosen at $1,000,000, $5,000,000 or $8,000,000.
- There are deductible options from $0 to $25,000.
- Return of mortal remains, emergency reunion, political evacuation, and return of minor children are all covered for $100,000 each, per provision. This is double or more than the typical amount.
- Universal Rx pharmacy discount savings.
- Superior customer service – access to their Global Concierge & Assistance Services – extended services handled by a dedicated service team. Access to board-certified physicians, licensed psychologists, pharmacist, dentists, dieticians and trainers to assist you with any routine health related questions you have. Secure, 24-hour online access from anywhere in the world to manage your account at any time.
Does the Patriot Platinum International Travel Medical Insurance Cover Pre-existing Conditions?
Pre-existing conditions are medical conditions that were treated or diagnosed in the past, and prior to the effective date of coverage. Pre-existing conditions are normally excluded on short term travel health insurance overseas. That is also the case on the Patriot Platinum plan, except for potential coverage if there are unexpected emergencies related to pre-existing conditions.
Does the Patriot Platinum Plan Provide Medical Evacuation?
Medical evacuation is required when there is a medical necessity that cannot be treated locally, and you need to be taken to the nearest medical facility to get the care you need. Medical evacuation is crucial to have while you or anyone else travels internationally.
In order for this coverage to work, you or someone with you will need to contact the insurance company in a medical emergency. The international insurance company has everything you would need. They have the resources, the money, and the expertise to take care of you.
Does Patriot Platinum International Travel Medical Insurance Offer Optional Coverages?
You may add extra international insurance coverage called riders to your policy for a specific need you are needing coverage. Examples of the available riders are:
- Adventure Sports Rider – The Adventure Sports Rider is available for those up to the age of 65. The following activities are covered to the lifetime maximum amounts listed below as long as they are engaged solely for leisure, recreation, or entertainment purposes: abseiling, BMX, bobsledding, bungee jumping, canyoning, caving, hang gliding, heli-skiing, high diving, hot air ballooning, inline skating, jet skiing, jungle zip lining, kayaking, mountain biking, parachuting, paragliding, parascending, piloting a non-commercial aircraft, rappelling, rock climbing or mountaineering (ropes and guides to 4500m from ground level), scuba diving (to 50m), skydiving, snorkeling, snowboarding, snowmobiling, snow skiing, spelunking, surfing, trekking, whitewater rafting (to Class V), and wildlife safaris, and windsurfing.
- Citizenship Return Rider – When purchased at the time of application, the Citizenship Return Rider provides temporary medical coverage for non-U.S. citizens returning to their country of citizenship. For U.S. citizens, the rider provides up to 60 days of coverage for brief returns to the U.S. provided you have a current health plan in force and have resided outside the U.S. continuously for the past six months. Coverage for sudden recurrence of pre-existing conditions is excluded if this rider is selected.
- Evacuation Plus Rider – This optional rider is available to insureds up to age 65. It provides coverage for sudden and unexpected medical evacuations for sudden and unexpected medical conditions that are non-life-threatening, and where hospitalization is medically necessary. It also offers coverage for evacuations as a result of a natural disaster. This rider must be purchased for a minimum of 3 months regardless of the minimum number of days being traveled. Non-life-threatening medical evacuation is covered up to a maximum of $50,000. Natural disaster evacuation for up to a maximum of $10,000.
- Additional Riders – There are two other additional riders you may add to your plan. They are: Enhanced Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Rider and Personal Liability Rider.
What if I Need Medical Treatment After My Coverage Expires?
If you’ve purchased a 12-month benefit period, and a covered injury or illness requires continuing treatment after the benefit period expires, the 12-month benefit period may offer continued coverage for that injury or illness. When the Certificate of Insurance expires, the insurance carrier will review the date of initial treatment for the covered injury or illness.
If your treatment began less than 12 months before the benefit period expired, benefits for the covered injury or illness will continue. Of course, this is subject to the maximum limit and the other terms of the plan until there have been 12 months of continuous coverage for the covered injury or illness.
Are There Any Conditions for Insurance Coverage?
You should be aware that there are certain conditions for this insurance coverage:
- Coverage and benefits are subject to the deductible and coinsurance, and all terms of the certificate of insurance and master policy.
- Coverage under this plan is secondary to any other coverage.
- Coverage and benefits are for medically necessary, usual, reasonable and customary charges only.
- Charges must be administered or ordered by a physician.
- Charges must be incurred during the period of coverage or the benefit period.
- Claims must be presented to IMG for payment within 90 days from the date the claim was incurred.
How Do I Sign Up for the Patriot Platinum Plan?
Signing up is very simple. Basically, it is a 4-step process online: 1) Obtain a quote, 2) Select your coverage, 3) Put in your information, and 4) Enter payment. Everything usually takes about 10 minutes and the policy is sent directly to your email. Documents such as your ID card can be acquired through the link in the email itself.
# # # #
For the most up-to-date information on the Patriot Platinum International travel medical insurance plan, please visit our Patriot Platinum plan page.
Our heart is for our clients to have the best, most cost-effective international health and travel insurance as they set out for whatever purpose they are doing around the world. With Patriot Platinum International travel medical insurance, you can be at peace knowing you have world-class short term international travel medical benefits. It is wonderful to know that the company provides such a beneficial plan for your protection, isn’t it?
Good Neighbor Insurance provides international travel insurance to those traveling outside their country of resident/country of citizenship. Call one of our professional international travel insurance agents at 866-636-9100 or you may email us at email@example.com.
Have amazing and safe travels!