Not sure which plan to select? Scroll down for a quick summary of each Gap year insurance plan. Learn more about Gap Year insurance and view and compare rate between various Gap Year insurance plans for international travel including health insurance coverage in the USA, most of which can be renewed annually. We have also included some great resources including a gap year checklist, useful links and videos on gap year overseas traveling.
Gap Year Insurance Plans
Patriot Short term Travel and Evacuation Plan
Excellent “per day” rates for a few days up to 24 months and longer!
- One of our best international travel insurance plans
- Includes excellent benefits, incl. personal liability, natural disaster,…
- Emergency medical evacuation for non-life threatening illness (optional)
- Renewable for up to 24 month periods
Atlas International Travel Medical Insurance Policy
Great choice for travelers with personal liability & crisis response
- U.S. citizens traveling internationally
- Includes $10,000 in personal liability coverage, with option to increase to $100,000
- Very affordable option
- Non-U.S. citizens traveling outside their home country or to the USA
- Covers those over 80 years old
Diplomat International Travel Medical Insurance
Strong medical benefits for U.S. and Non-U.S. travelers up to 364 days
- Strong medical and evacuation cover. Strong sports coverage.
- Optional Enhanced AD&D from $50,000 to $1,000,000
- Has good war and terrorism benefits for high-risk areas
- Up to $1,000,000 to age 69, or up to age 80+ (reduced benefit maximums)
Diplomat America Travel Medical Insurance
Great travel medical insurance for visitors to USA and those doing sports
- Travel Medical Insurance for visitors to USA
- Covers most adventure sports and team sports in the USA
- Offers up to 1 year of coverage
- Up to 1,000,000 in AD&D benefit
Emergency evacuation int’l. student plan
Emergency medical evacuation and repatriation insurance for international students (short-term or annual plans)
- International students looking for an evacuation-only plan
- Has options for short-term, 3 or 6 month, or annually
- Will return you home to the hospital of your choice – No questions asked
- No medical cost caps, no claim forms, no preexisting conditions or exclusions.
Compare a few of our GAP YEAR INSURANCE PLANS (up to one year in duration and renewable).
Scroll down for a quick summary of each Gap-year travel insurance plan.
Gap year insurance rates for U.S. Students going abroad – COMPARISION CHART
You may choose the different deductibles and medical coverage on the Patriot and Atlas International plans. The deductible only goes towards the medical coverage. Choose the Diplomat International short term plan if you are looking for the best adventure sports coverage or visit www.adventuresportsinsurance.com
$100,000 med max
$100,000 med max
|Diplomat International Adventure Sports
$250 deductible, $500K med
|MedJet Collegiate (Evacuation Only)|
|Daily Rate||$0.95||$1.05||$1.29 + Sports rate up||N/A|
|Monthly Rate||$28||$32||$39||140 days – $270|
|Quarterly Rate||$84||$96||$117||180 days – $430|
|Annual Rate||$345||$382||$470 ($558 w/Sports)||$665|
*We recommend at least $500,000 of medical coverage for those doing adventure sports.
Below is a snapshot of some of the major benefits of each plan. To get a complete list of all the benefits and coverage’s please go to the link of each plan shown below.
GAP YEAR INSURANCE for U.S. Students going abroad – BENEFIT GRID
|Patriot International||Atlas International||Diplomat International||Medjet Collegiate|
|Best for Evacuation only plan||N/A||N/A||N/A||Yes|
|Sports coverage||May add with sports coverage||Automatic sports coverage||With Appropriate Rider||N/A|
|Terrorism Coverage (1)||Yes||Yes||Yes, with war risk rider||Yes|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||Yes||Yes||Yes, Enhanced available||No|
|Repatriation of Remains||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Emergency Travel Assistance Services||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Baggage and Personal Effects||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Trip Duration (no longer than and may renew/reapply)||A few days up to 1 year||A few days up to 1 year||A few days up to 1 year||140 days, 180 days, or 365 day policy|
(1) Terrorism: Please note that no company will pay for political evacuation if there is a travel advisory in effect on or within six (6) months prior to the insured person’s date of arrival in the host country. Medical Evacuation won’t be done if safety of crew is in question.